17 ♢ Purely, Irredeemably Evil

Check out the new cast if you haven't already! It's in the aesthetics chapter at the beginning of the book!

"Charlie," Oliver slurred as he banged on the door. "Please open the door."

He had been relentlessly banging on the door but Charlie wasn't answering. Why was he ignoring him? What did he ever do to make Charlie ignore him?

It seemed like the entire world just refused to cooperate whenever he wanted something. Like the fates had it in for him.

His hand was shaking from the coke he had taken yet his head felt heavy from the lack of sleep and his liquid breakfast. He felt like he should cry. But there were no tears leaving his eyes. The cocaine muffler was working. He was too pumped up to feel the pain of his wife leaving him.

"Oliver? What are you doing here?"

Oliver turned around to find Charlie exiting the elevator was a cotton bag filled with groceries.

Oh no. Here they come. Triggered by the sight of Charlie, Oliver fell into a heap of cries which eventually turned to sobs. He looked up pathetically at Charlie who just looked confused (and slightly disturbed). Charlie sighed and moved past him, entering his apartment. He didn't invite Oliver in but he didn't close the door so Oliver took it as a sign to follow him in.

  Charlie dropped the groceries off in the kitchen before returning to the living room. He leaned on the door frame as he watched Oliver sloppily pour himself whiskey in a cup and sit down.

  "What's wrong?" Charlie tried to sound cold but he couldn't stop sympathy from creeping into his tone.

  Oliver wanted more than anything for Charlie to sit down beside him and hug him. Comfort him, wipe the tears off of his face. But Charlie remained frozen in his spot.

  "She left me..."

  "Didn't you guys get married yesterday?"

  Oliver nodded before burying his face in his hands. His shoulders shook when he cried and his hands were slowly becoming drenched with strolling tears.

  "Oh."

  "I fucking love her.... She's my world and she just... how could she just leave me?!"

"Why are you doing this?"

Oliver looked up in confusion. "What?"

"Why are you here, Oliver?"

"Because... because...."