29 ♢ Moving On

It's been real guys. Presenting to you the final chapter of Best Fiends (BUT TOMORROW I WILL BE UPLOADING THE EPILOGUE)!! Enjoy xoxo

 Presenting to you the final chapter of Best Fiends (BUT TOMORROW I WILL BE UPLOADING THE EPILOGUE)!! Enjoy xoxo

"Oh yay! Oliver's here!" Madeline cheered as soon as they entered her room.

The room was littered with gifts of various shades of pink including one huge teddy bear that reminded Oliver of someone he used to know.  After tearing his eyes off the wacky life-size teddy bear, he looked at Madeline. She  looked exhausted but the baby in her arms almost casted a sort of glow onto her.

"Hey Mads."

Spencer went to her side and kissed her forehead before scooping up the baby from her arms. "Guys, meet Elizabeth Valentina Kingshart."

  Oliver's lips curled up at the familiar names. Elizabeth for Spencer and Charlie's late sister and Valentina for Madeline's late mother. And the portmanteau of 'Kingsley' and 'Lockhart' was the cherry on top.

  "She's so beautiful!" Charlie exclaimed, poking her chin with his finger. "And her name is perfect."

  Oliver glanced at Madeline who was smiling at him.

  "You came!"

  "Yeah, I kind of had to..."

  Spencer smirked and faced Madeline. "Um, guess what I just found out."

  Madeline furrowed her brows in confusion. "Am I missing something?"

  "Big time," Spencer began. "Who wants to tell her?"

  Charlie laughed and interlocked his fingers with Oliver's. "So, we're sort of dating now..."

  Madeline clapped her hands over her mouth and gasped. "What?!"

  "My reaction exactly!" Spencer exclaimed.

  "When? How? What?!"

  "We'll fill you in later but for now can we just focus on this cutie," Charlie cooed at the little baby in Spencer's hands.

  "I'm so confused," She said.

  Oliver laughed and threw his arm around Charlie's shoulders. "It's not confusing! We're dating and we're in love!"

  "What?" A small voice said behind them.

  They all turned around to meet the eyes of a very heartbroken girl standing at the door. Any trace of humour quickly vanished as they realised Nora had heard them. Her shoulders slumped down and her lips pouted heartbreakingly.

His heart instantly dropped as he wished he had realised Nora would be there. It was stupid not to expect to see her. Oh god... she heard him announce he was dating Charlie.

  "You didn't tell them Nora was here?" Madeline hissed at Spencer.

  "Sorry, I was a little distracted trying to process the Charlie and Oliver bombshell!"