28 ♢ Surprise

"Oh my god, what?!"

  "Oh my god, what?!"

  Oliver woke up to the sound of Charlie on the phone. He found him sitting on the corner of the bed with his hand over his mouth.

  "Mom, are you sure?!" He exclaimed through the phone.

  Oliver kissed the back of his shoulder before looking at his face to see if he had any reason to be concerned. Judging by the beam on his face, Oliver assumed he was hearing good news.

  "Okay... I have to get his present ready.... I'll be there soon.... Is it a girl or boy?"

  Oliver gasped. "Madeline had the baby?" He mouthed to him.

  Charlie nodded and laughed in excitement. "And both are healthy?.... That's wonderful!... I'll be there soon, Mom.... Love you too, bye."

  He hung up before joyously turning to Oliver. "Madeline had her baby!"

  "I thought she wasn't due for another two weeks!"

  Collapsing back onto the bed, he exhaled slowly trying to catch his breath. "I guess she went into labour early! She had a baby girl and they are both healthy."

  "Does she have a name yet?"

He shook his head. "They're still deciding."

  "....I can't believe he's a father."

  Charlie turned around to him and nodded rapidly. "RIGHT?! I mean... it's Spencer! My little brother... I'm just so shocked right now."

  "What present were you talking about?"

  Grabbing his phone from the bedside table, Charlie opened up his photos and clicked into an image of a bright green car.

  "A lime Porsche 911 GT3 RS. He has wanted one for so long so I bought him it."

  "Woah," Oliver took the phone from him. "I remember he had this car on one of his vision boards in high school! Man, he's going to love it!"

  "I know! I just need to go park it in front of the lobby and maybe buy some cigars to celebrate."

  Oliver groaned. "Is it selfish that I want to stay in bed with you all day?"

  Charlie walked his fingers up Oliver's chest, landing just underneath his jaw. He used his fingers to turn Oliver's face towards him and slowly brushed his lips with his thumb.

  "I want that too..."

  Charlie was quiet for a moment, deep in thought.

  "What's wrong?"

  "Do you think we're rushing?"

  Oliver knitted his eyebrows together and raised his head from the bed, resting it on the palm of his hand. "Are you unhappy or-"