Chapter 15: Nate

It's our third day here in a private island. Krisha planned a getaway trip because she was getting anxiety attacks lately. I couldn't say no to her. I want her to be happy and I want to protect her. I can't let her travel alone especially when she asked for me to come with her.

Krish is wearing the necklace given by the caretaker of the place. It's a mid length necklace with tiny seashells and just by looking at it, I can say it's handmade. It matched the maxi dress my girlfriend is wearing. She's too excited to be here. She wanted this relaxation so I gave in. How can I say no to her when she pulled her puppy eyes and pouting lips in front of me?

Before going for a swim, she asked me which bikini to wear. I chose the mustard one that compliments her fair skin. She wore a white skirt on top of her bikini before we headed to the seaside. The caretaker gave us a fresh pineapple and mango smoothie.

While she's taking photos and videos of the place and herself, I can't help myself but think of Xyl. It's taking so long before we meet again. It's like there's a hindrance between us. I didn't get any message from her since the phone call we had. I didn't sent her any too. I just don't want to make an excuse. I don't want her getting the wrong idea so once this trip ends, I'll just tell her that I had an emergency business trip abroad.

I was in the middle of pondering when Krisha kissed me on the lips. I opened my eyes and smiled. She looks angelic. While I was looking at her, she took my hand and pulled me. "Babe, time to swim. You can rest later after this." She said, so I removed my shirt and ran towards her because she went quickly to the shoreline.

After swimming, eating, and getting a massage, we decided to stay in our room. Krisha's watching a movie and I'm just hugging her. She's holding my right hand while she's watching like a kid.

I wonder what's up with Xyleena. Thoughts of her kept visiting my mind. I still remember the days we laughed at simple things. Oh, the little things you find deep in your mind.

Xyl and I created secret names of some of our friends for the times we wanted to laugh at them — so they won't get the fact that it's them we're criticizing. We also had our alien language and most of it she made. And one of it was pingku.

I was with my family that time. We were on a vacation when Xyl texted me a long message. She told me about her day and asked me how my day was going. The last line from her message was, "I look forward to be with you soonest love. Pingku!"

I asked her what pingku meant. I Googled it but it isn't there. So I knew she made it. When she replied, she sent me a selfie with a text on it. Her selfie that time was one of the cutest she had. She was pouting and she gestured a heart sign with her thumb and pointer finger just like how Koreans do it. The text written was, "It means, I miss you."

I couldn't help but smile. I smiled back then for her adorable act, and I smiled now for remembering it made my heart happy.

"Nate, do you want to go surfing tomorrow?" Krisha said making me stop thinking about Xyleena.

"Whatever you want to do babe, I'm in." I said after I gave her a peck on her right cheek. She just nodded, thanked me and returned a kiss on my forehead.

Because of her plan to go surfing, I told her we better sleep right after the movie so our bodies can get the energy we need for tomorrow's activity.

Time passed by quickly that the movie ended soon. Krisha drank water and went to give me a glass of it too. Then we finally slept hugging each other.