Chapter 29: Xyl

"Bits of you, brushing off. On my smile, on my scars. Best friends for some time. Now it's like you read my mind. Can't really spend all this time explaining. But honey look at this movie that we're making. Baby, you've got that thing that makes me. Oh, I've got to give you praising 'cause boo there ain't no better man."

I was singing while sketching one of my favourite shots that Zach and I had at the photo booth. That day felt amazing, young, and at ease. Being with him makes me feel alive and blessed. I cannot not write this down on my journal because it's just so pure and sincere.

He makes me feel that I deserve all the joy and peace in the world. He is someone that would never push me for something I don't want to do in the first place. He lets me choose and always goes with what I want which makes it more comfortable.

It makes me happy and he makes me happy. Do you know how it feels to get more of what you've expected? That's what Zachary is making me feel. Beyond and bound. Young and mature at the same time.

After I finished the drawing, I pasted it on my journal and started writing a prompt. Just remembering the photoshoot makes me feel the cliché butterflies inside my stomach.

Prompt #53 Spent a day with Zachary Sandler with his camera and my silliness. Had so much fun in the cafe, playing at Timezone, singing and hearing him sing, taking pictures with him inside the photo booth, and eating with him and my family. I was enjoying every single moment with him, with or without the camera. He spoils me and always pays for everything. He may not know but I notice all of his gaze. I just pretended to be oblivious for him not to feel awkward because I honestly love it when he looks at me. It's so comfy to be with him that I didn't care about my appearance and attitude.

After keeping my journal inside the cabinet, I heard my phone ringing so I answered it immediately. It's him. My heart felt shock and excitement at the same time.

Now, he's asking me to go on a date with him. Well, he didn't directly told me that but come on. It's the same thing so being the blunt lady I am, I asked him, "A date?"

He agreed to it indirectly but I get it. So, I told him to pick me up and ask my parents to show some respect. I didn't want him to feel that I was expecting this to happen or something related to that thought so I hung up quickly to confuse him.

If Cath is always that girl who tells and shows what's on her mind and heart, I am the exact opposite of her when it comes to deep feelings even though I am a straightforward person. Especially not to men. I can't even remember how many flings I had before — if there's any so I also forgot about flirting. Thanks coma!

Should I make something for Zach? I just thought that I haven't returned anything to him yet. Since day one of meeting him, he paid for everything.

I should definitely bake for him. What to bake though? Cookies or brownies? Cupcakes? Try to assess Xyleena. As far as you have observed, did he like sweet food? Okay, not much so I'll go with cookies. He's most likely to choose a snack over a dessert. Right.

I just remembered that we don't have a box for the cookies when I finished baking. So I rushed to the nearby store and bought a box with simple dotted design. I put a parchment paper on it before putting the cookies inside.

I went to my bedroom and looked for a ribbon that will suit the box I just bought. As soon as I found one, I went downstairs to finish wrapping the box of cookies and put it inside a cabinet.

Baking is fun but for some reason making cookies for Zach felt different so I got sweaty. I took a shower and drank a cup of tea. Then, I texted Zach, "Let's do it tomorrow. See you!"