Chapter 1: Xyl

"Sis aren't you done packing your stuff? We still have to run errands and our flight is at dawn so we need rest if we don't want to feel jetlag."

Girl struggle of course. I've been searching and pinning on Pinterest for hours already just to find the perfect outfit ideas for our vacation.

"I'll be quick packing up I just want to look for more inspiration for my outfit sis."

"Alright then. Just call me if you need help or anything, m'kay?"

"Surely will, Cath. Thanks a lot."

Then she walked out of my room. One thing I love about my family even if they are hiding my past is that they really love me and they find time to spend with me. They even made my weekly routine just for me not to get bored and still learn while at home.

I learned how to paint, calligraphy, Hangeul, and piano. For 6 months after waking up from coma, I enjoyed my life as it is. I didn't want to force them because maybe this is the right thing — for me living peacefully, forgetting my past and moving forward. I loved learning and they supported me even on times that my paintings were terrible. They motivated me like how it should really be for families.

I moved my butt out of the bed and took my journal. Time for my daily prompt before I pack my stuff.

Prompt #37 I know I'm inconsistent with my daily prompt but I felt the urge to write something today. So yes I woke up again from that dream. Still clueless. I wonder how my life will go on after a year or so. I know there will be a perfect time for me to know my past. I will wait patiently and I hope that when things become clear for me, I will be strong enough to fathom and move on. Anyway, since our flight's just a few hours from now, I should reward myself for learning things during the 6 months. I wish to find myself in Amsterdam. I'll definitely walk around, take photos, and paint. See you Netherlands!

****************************************

"Darling, Xyl, get up. You need to get ready for our flight honey." Momma wakes me up for the second time so I finally opened my eyes, let a heavy sigh, and cracked my back bones.

I gave mom a peck on her cheeks and I went straight to the bathroom for a quick shower. After taking a bath, I put on my favourite skin care routine, brushed my eyebrows, put a thin eyeliner at the ends of my eyes, put tint on my cheeks and lips, lip gloss and last but not the least, highlighter of course. I always wanted light makeup for a refreshing feeling and my face is way better without any base makeup on so I opted for this signature look.

I chose a white tube cropped top and nude trousers paired with nude blazer. Wore earrings, ring, and a necklace that compliments my outfit. Choosing from my shoes collection, I picked the nude two-inch sandals to match with my outfit. And before I forget about it, I also popped some highlighter on my collarbones for the perfect selfie that I never post online because I am still not allowed to use social media for safety purposes.

After fixing my bed and getting my stuff, I went downstairs to grab a quick breakfast. I found Cath in the counter eating cereals so I poked her nose and said, "Good morning sunshine!"

"Wow! Didn't expect to have matching outfit with you sissy. G'morning!" She said while eating her cereals. And gorgeous lady I noticed her outfit. She's wearing kind of the same outfit as mine but with pink palette instead, that looks great with my nude palette.

After eating, we drove off to airport because we didn't want to be late. We're now in the airplane and I kind of feel nervous since this is my first time riding it after being in coma for so long. But I chose to think of vlog ideas for our trip just for fun and memorabilia. Took a short video of the airplane window with the sunset. Also got a short clip of me and Cath as well as mom and dad holding hands while looking at the window.

After 3 movies, meals, and a good sleep, I got up and decided to brush my teeth and wash my face to look fresh before we arrive to our destination. Drank water and put on my signature makeup look.

Touchdown Amsterdam! Oh I cannot wait to ride a bicycle just like a Dutch citizen roaming around the city. Excited to take photos and short clips, I got some while walking in the airport on the way out.

After checking in, we decided to rest for a while before going out of the hotel. Now is the time to change for another chic outfit. I chose a white romper shorts and boots with deets on the sides. Threw in two mints in my mouth, and wore jewelries to finish my look.

I was getting bored and too excited so I told Cath that I'm gonna get out first and just tell mommy and daddy about it. Being the adventurous me, I walked around and saw a fancy cafe nearby so I went inside and ordered. Man the strong scent of the marijuana is not my thing. I mean it isn't the worst but I don't like it either. Just have to deal with it, tourist Xyl!

After a few readings from the book I brought with me and as soon as I finished my cake and coffee, I went out and walked again. I was in the bridge and taking a photo of the bicycles parked, someone whispered on my ear. It's a guy. I felt goosebumps because of this weirdo.

I chose not to notice him but he seems like a childish person who needs attention. He kept on singing, "I will sail across the world. Row this boat from dusk 'till dawn. To a place where we belong. Yeah, your body is calling me... meet me in Amsterdam" and repeats "meet me in Amsterdam" a few more times.

So I rolled my eyes and finally had the courage to turn around and face this annoying man.

Girl, let me tell you. He's pretty. And He is definitely not a European. Putting my thoughts aside, I acted normal and strongly told him, "Go annoy other woman. Not me, mister."

He laughed. He just laughed at me.