Chapter 4: Nate

After that day, I never had the chance to see her again. We're in the same location yet I don't know where she is. How can I forget someone I loved so much than myself? No words can ever sum up the way I feel for her.

It makes me forget about Krisha and I am guilty. She never caused me trouble. She's always there for me since the accident. She's one of the nicest persons I have encountered and I am lucky to have her.

But Xyl, she's... she's everything. I'll wait patiently. It sucks that my mind was blank when we met. I should have at least introduced myself. I should have told her some of our memories. Oh, stupid me. I should have let you see our picture together. Of all the times to be dumb, why on earth in that exact moment, Nate?

"Is there a chance? A fragment of light at the end of the tunnel, a reason to fight. Is there a chance you may change your mind? Or are we ashes and wine?" Damn this song. Why do I even have this on my playlist?

Xyl, my baby, I know you might have forgotten about me, about us. But darling I want you to feel the love we had. I wanna show you how you've put me always before you. You always brought coffee for me. You always have your emergency purse for when I feel sick; you give me medicine and that essential oil you only have and I never saw from anyone else. The way you massage my temples and nape just to lessen my headache.

I want you to remember how it feels when I touch you. I want your heart to flutter when I give your forehead a peck. I want to see you blush again when I say I love you. Because I do, I always and will forever love you.

After sipping from my teacup, I finally saw her. Again. She's here. I can't mess this one. But unfortunately, she's not alone this time. She's with her family. I guess it's not today.

I decided to stay in my table that's not much far from them. I am just observing them. I can't help but smile whenever she smiles. The way she laughs with her charming dimples and her goofy face trying to make the scenario funnier for her family. Not changed at all darling. You're still funny.

My heart nearly stopped when I saw her walking towards me. Wait towards me? Man, I just realized the powder room is near the table I got. This is my chance. Nate, be a big boy. I stood up and approached her. I hope I won't scare her.

"Seems like we're bound to cross paths again. Hey, I know I look or sound creepy or a weirdo to you but can you give me a minute?"

This furious lady once again stared at me and with her arms crossed, she spoke. "And why will I do that?"

"Because..." and I showed her our photo together. The one we had in the photo booth at a place where we usually sing and play not minding anyone or anything around us. Being silly together and making fun of each other.

"I... Excuse me? I don't know how you got that but that ain't me, right? Or?" C'mon my baby you're still as cute and dumb as you are.

"What's this? A doppelgänger? Look, I understand you've forgotten about things and maybe about me if you aren't pretending but I hope not. Here's my social media account and my number. I won't get yours for the peace of your mind. Gentleman here. Not too weirdo and creepy baby. See you soon!" And I held her hand quickly before I went to the restroom.

Was I right? Did I make it right? Will she contact me? I just don't want to make her uncomfortable. Did I make her heart flutter? Grr why do I think like a gay right now? Wait, did I act like a gay in front of her? Whatever.

I'll find you baby. I'll chase you. I'll watch sunrise until sunset with you again. I will spend my whole life loving you.