Chapter 32: Zach

The delivery I was expecting finally arrived yesterday. I removed it from the package and wrapped it immediately with the decorative paper I bought last time then I headed to Xyl's house to pick her up for our date.

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson! How's your day going?" I greeted her parents politely with a handshake to her father and a peck on her mom's cheek.

After a small talk with them, Xyleena finally went down so she gave them a goodbye kiss and we headed to the car. I assisted her to get in and right after I hopped in the vehicle, I got my gift from the backseat and handed it to her.

Out of surprise and joy, she said, "What's this for?" Tss. Darling, it doesn't require anything for you to deserve a present especially from me.

"Nothing. For you. Simply for being you, being with me, and all the happiness you give me." After saying this, she just nodded and unwrapped it quickly.

She held my hand for a second while I'm driving and said, "You know me well, Zachary. Thank you for this polaroid camera as well as for the films. I can't wait to make more memories. It'll be perfect for my journal."

"Memories... with me? Just kidding. Hey, I was the one who wrapped it, though." I told her.

"Aw! I didn't know guys can actually do artsy crafty like these. Very much appreciated, Zach. Thanks a lot." She said and I glanced at her with a smile.

We decided to have a chill date at a park today so she brought fruits, clubhouse sandwich, cheese, biscuits, wine, basket, and other girly picnic stuff.

"First photo that'll be taken from this thing. Smile!" She said while adjusting the camera for us to fit in the frame so I smiled while looking at her and not at the camera.

We enjoyed the moment and talked about random things while eating from time to time. I grabbed my guitar beside me and started singing for her.

"And as the sun goes down and the stars come out to play. I bet tomorrow I'll be sleeping, sleeping all day. And this fire I feel. Why is it burning so slowly? I can't stop thinking of you like the five pounds you owe me."

Then she started singing along with me. "Cause you're on my mind. Cause you're on my mind. You're all I can find cause you're on my mind."

"Please tell me that you feel the same. That we're on the same train." I sang this part while staring directly at her eyes and she's just listening, looking at me as well.

"If you're a little bit late and miss it, that would be a great shame. I miss your sweet, sweet kisses and loving. When they were mine? When are you down? Make sure I'm in town."

Then we sang the chorus again together and as usual with Xyleena swaying to the rhythm. I can't stop looking at her while singing and playing the guitar. It's as if she's the lyrics and the chords that I need in able for me to function. You're on my mind, Xyl. Always.

I'm not expecting anything in return. Or maybe not yet. I'll wait for the day you tell me what you feel for me. That you feel the same and if we're on the same train.

"Can you take a photo of me?" She asked me and handed me the camera I gave her so I said sure but I stood up and went to get something perfect for her.

I went back immediately and put a flower behind her ear which suits her gorgeously. Then I took a picture of her with her bright eyes and captivating smile — holding the glass of wine and the sandwich.

I took my phone from my pocket and took videos of her both with notice and candid. She continued eating the cheese and some of the biscuits while telling me a story. Such a lovely lady.

The day went memorable as always. There's no dull moment with her. Before going to sleep, I checked my "project" on progress and smiled to the thought of Xyleena.