Chapter 27: Xyl

Something comfortable, simple, and neat that suits my personality? I kept asking myself while searching through my wardrobe.

Good thing Zach needs me as a model for his portfolio. At least I won't remember Nathaniel. I don't hate him but I hate what he did so I'll make sure to have fun today with Zach and forget about him.

Okay, perfect! I took my white shirt, tie front striped midi skirt, and white sneakers. Comfortable, neat, and simple that suits my personality.

I wanted to be fresh so I decided to put on the skin care I use for my glow-from-within face. I don't want to feel the heavy makeup on so I didn't put any base and concealer. The skin care I used will save me for the rest of the day.

I used an eyebrow pencil to fill in the gaps, curled my eyelashes, put a transparent mascara, a liquid highlighter, and a nude lipstick for my-lips-but-better (MLBB) look. I finished my outfit by wearing a gold necklace with a little star pendant that matches my white shirt and a pair of gold hoop earrings then I let my hair in a low ponytail.

I didn't have to wait for Zach because after I sprayed my perfume, he called me to say that he's already in front of our gate. I gave Cath and my parents a goodbye kiss then Cath told me to enjoy the day and went with me outside to say hello to Zach before we leave.

"Hey gorgeous! You did great with your outfit. Thank you for agreeing to this. Where do you want to eat?" Zach said while he's driving after I got in his car.

"I had nothing to do so why not give it a shot? Thank you for remembering me to be your model. I'll just choose Subway because I'm craving for burger and fries. If it's fine with you but if not, you can pick a different place to eat."

"No, it's totally fine with me. Do you have any agenda for today? I want to take a lot of photos so I can choose from it for the portfolio." He asked me and explained his plan.

"No any other plans for today besides my photoshoot with you. Feel free to do so because I'm glad to help you. It's easy and fun, right? Don't worry about me. You can bring me home anytime you want. I trust you." I said and he just nodded with a smile, still focusing on the road.

After eating at Subway, we headed to a cafe with girly and fancy interior. Pinks and cups, books and lights. He ordered two cups of black ceylon tea. Mine's raspberry and rosehip and his was white magic. He also got a slice of red velvet cake for me.

"Is this part of the photography or you're planning on making me fat?" I said while laughing but I thanked him anyway because he's paying for everything.

He took photos of me while drinking, eating, reading a book, and such. My outfit matches the cafe he chose so I think the pictures turned out cute. I took my fork and got a piece of cake which I offered to him. Before taking a bite of it, he took a photo of me holding the fork.

"Since when did you love photography, Zach?" I asked him to start an actual conversation and he turned off his camera before putting it on the table.

"Since I met you." He said with a serious face and eyes staring at me. I took a sip from my cup and he shook his head.

"Just kidding. Well, since I was seven, I loved taking random pictures like leaves, our pet, my family, objects, and others that I felt like keeping."

Before I even get to speak again, he changed the topic. He just speaks comfortably while wiping the side of my mouth because of the cake maybe.

"So, do you mind telling me now what happened to you? You mentioned when we were playing the game in Australia that you can't remember anything from your past and that you've been in a three-year-coma."

"Well, my family's not telling me anything about it and I didn't want to force them. Anyway, it's surely for my sake why they're keeping it. Even Cath is concerned with my health so she couldn't tell me yet. All they mention is that I was really a nice daughter, an understanding woman, and such good characteristics. But I didn't want to know everything about my kindness. Of course I needed balance so I badly want to know about who my friends were, what events happened in my life that took part of what I have become, the wrong choices I made, and such significant things."

He was listening carefully and kept nodding while I was telling him my story. He looked at me with sincerity in his eyes so I knew at this moment that he's giving me sympathy.

"Okay, brush off the loneliness. Let's go to Timezone and have fun." He said while assisting me to get up and carried my purse. He's really a gentleman ever since I met him and I feel comfortable with him with or without makeup on, and wherever we go.

He took pictures of me while shooting at the ring and gave me a high five every time I finish a game as if I was a child. We also danced like Elle and Lee from the Kissing Booth. Oh, that cute teenage movie.

"Can we sing?" I asked him because I saw vacant karaoke rooms. "Of course, Xyl. Go ahead, I'll just reload the card. Choose a room with a good AC so you won't get sweaty." He said before leaving me.

After I sang five songs and after all the photos he took of me, he finally agreed to sing a song. I clapped my hands and cheered for him.

"Look at you tonight so beautiful. I say it everytime, I hope you don't mind 'cause you're truly beautiful. Take a walk with me, allow me to hold your hand. I'll cherish every moment I spend with you. Would you believe me if I say the stars has got something for you. Would you believe me if I say these little bright lights in the sky, they share the same thought as mine. All is for you. All is for you."

I am listening to him and I felt my heart beating slowly. I am enjoying the moment and I couldn't believe he has a relaxing voice. I mean, I heard him sing on the phone call but it wasn't like this.

"What's written in the stars tonight? I feel I wanna hold you so much. I can see letters in the stars align for you from me only. Can you see what's on my mind? These chains of letters are from my heart. There's nothing more that I can say to you. Believe me when I say oh, we are meant to be."

I raised my hands and swayed to the song. He smiled and of course I returned a smile full of endearment. I just love singing and being with him is a different vibe. A vibe that I'd love to experience often.

"Last request, Zach. Can we go to the photo booth? I want to keep it as a memory. I love journaling." He didn't answer me. Instead, he took his camera and my purse then assisted me going out of the karaoke room.

After the photo booth, he just bought water for us to drink then we headed to the parking lot. He drove me home while the radio's on and we sang to songs together.

Arriving at my place, my parents and Cath invited him to eat dinner with us so he did. I had so much fun today as if I am baby girl treated for a play day. Zach spoiled me too much and I don't know how to repay him.

I went outside with him to let him get in his car and bid him goodbye. I took a night shower and did my skin care routine. I texted him before going to sleep to thank him again and told him to take care. Today felt like I'm still young and that everything's fine. All thanks to Zach.