Chapter 16: Xyl

Today's the day. Cath and I wore denim shorts. I opted for a white cropped graphic top to have a different style and finished my outfit with a black mid-rise boots.

Cath, on the other hand, wore a cropped gingham puff sleeve top and a white sandals. As usual, I put my signature makeup look on with an extended bold eyeliner and wore cat eye sunglasses in black.

As soon as we arrived at the airport, Zach took my luggage for my convenience. "Hi! I'm Xyl and this is my sister, Cath." I introduced in a jolly mood while waiving to Zach and his friend behind him.

Zach smiled and responded, "Nice to meet you again, Xyl and it's a pleasure to finally meet you, Cath. This is my best friend, Jake."

It's nice of Jake that he also offered to take Cath's luggage. I never forget to take some videos and photos for my journal and vlog. Cath let me sit beside the window just the way I like it. As the plane was about to take off, with excitement, I closed my eyes and prayed.

Jake offered us the mochi snacks he brought so Cath and I took two pieces to give it a try. We thanked him and he just said, "Let's have fun, ladies." We all smiled hearing him say that.

A few minutes before we arrive at our destination, Zach told us an announcement. "Listen up! Ladies and bro, I'm sorry for not telling you the itinerary I planned but I just want you to at least know that one of it is scuba diving. Where else could it be? Of course I chose Great Barrier Reef. Queensland, Australia baby."

Cath's voice filled with excitement, responded, "No biggie! That's gonna be awesome and memorable." But Zach laughed and shook his head.

"Plot twist. I booked for a special dive with the sharks. Are you brave enough? It's gonna be cage-less."

"I'm totally in. Adventure is my nickname after art." I said, kidding and giving them a wink. I saw Cath's face so I held her hand and told her it's gonna be amazing and unforgettable. That she doesn't need to worry about anything.

Cath listened to me and nodded softly. I noticed Jake became silent. "Hey Jake, are you scared to swim with the sharks?" I couldn't stop myself from laughing after saying that because if you just saw his face, you'll really want to tease him.

Fast forward. We're now in Australia and we just finished eating breakfast. We didn't want to waste time so we immediately headed to the hotel and checked in. We had two separate rooms — one for the boys and one for us.

Cath and I wore our bikinis underneath the second outfit we've chosen. Then we went to the Great Barrier Reef to fulfill the first one in Zach's itinerary. I know we won't stay long here in Australia so I would really want to seise every moment.

I was fearless so I went underwater right after the guide told us to dive in. I didn't expect for Cath to finally brush off the fright she had earlier. I was so much having fun because the sharks seemed harmless and friendly. Good thing Zach has a Go Pro with him to take a video of the moment.

Jake felt uneasy so Cath swam closer to him and held his hand. They swam together holding hands for I think 3/4 of the time we spent underwater. My sister is really soft and sweet. She always cared for the people around her.

Here's Zach, always near me. I think 70% of the video footage showed me. Silly Zach. I think we'll be close friends even after this trip. He seems genuine and caring. He always looked after me from the moment he helped me with my luggage and though he does it silently, I notice it almost every single time. I feel his sincerity which made me happy. I'm sure I won't regret saying yes to this adventure.

I didn't know how to describe the feeling I had during the activity underwater. It was tiring but I still feel energetic because of the splendid accomplishment we did.

Time's too fast and we're now having our dinner. I do not have any idea of tomorrow's agenda but I hope Zach planned it smoothly since it's gonna be our last day together here. So far, I can say that I am really having fun. It's not too bad to trust a stranger after all. Grateful to have met you, Zachary.