Chapter 28: Zach

I still can't can't get over with the fact that I was able to spend a day with Xyl. I enjoyed her company and her family even invited me to eat dinner with them which made my day complete.

Every photo and video I took of her felt like a dream. She's so precious and I really wanna take good care of her. Little did she know I ain't really making a portfolio.

I just wanted to be with her and compile our moments together because I will never know if there's a next time. I just made up an excuse to spend a day with her and I thank God for the opportunity He has given me.

But how about for the following days? Should I still pretend or should I ask her for real already? Am I ready?

I want to spoil her and give her everything. Looking at her, you won't notice that she's been through so much pain and I think that it's tough of her to carry on. I'm so proud of you, Xyleena.

I still remember every moment with her. All of her glances, smiles, and the way she sang that night. Which reminds me, I also got a copy of our photo booth picture. I took it out of my planner and stared at it like a fool with my heart beating fast.

I closed my eyes and started singing while reminiscing the day with her. "You're the kinda girl that every man wants to be with. You're the kinda girl that got a diamond in your soul. The way you smile and gimme a look, I see a cupid in your eyes. You make me high. You're the kinda girl, you're the kinda girl that always makes me happy. You're the kinda girl that I want to spend my life with. I'll treat you right oh every night. Whatever you do will be alright.
You make me say..."

Oh Xyleena, can I be your man in your wonderland? I want to be a part of your success and mess — through ups and downs like others say. I want to hear you sing everyday and I'd sing with you as long as I could. I want to be goofy with you and dance together looking like idiots yet not giving a damn of what people might say.

Like ordinary people, I want to take you out on a date and shower you with surprises. Then, I finally opened my eyes and decided to gather the materials I got last week.

I made myself a brewed coffee and two french toasts. I watered the plants and gave my puppy his food. I ate quickly and washed the dishes.

Now, it's time to begin with the project I was talking about. This isn't a portfolio but this is something meaningful to me and I can't wait to see the outcome once I finish this.

I needed motivation to keep going on with this thing so I stood up and got my phone. This time, I'll be brave enough to ask her to spend the day with me not because of photography but because I'd love to.

As soon as she pick up my call, I said, "I hope I didn't interrupt you if you're doing anything but I have something to ask you."

"Well, hello Zach. What is it?" She said with her curious voice and I can imagine her face right now which for sure looks adorable.

"Would you want to spend a day with me? I mean not for photography or anything. Just simply going out together, me and you." I asked her while trying to stay calm and focused.

Then she just said, "A date?" Which reminded me that this woman prefers straight and simple.

"Yeah, you can say that because I enjoy your company." After saying this, she went silent that I almost thought she ended the call already.

"Let's give it a try then. Pick me up again and ask for my parents' approval this time. Text me when you want this date to happen, okay?"

And she ended the call right away. I couldn't sense excitement from her but the approval of her parents caught my attention and now I feel nervous.

I won't mind putting effort for her and I respect her as well as her loving family so I'll do what she wants. I'll see you, Xyl and I can't wait to be with you again.