The Son Of Rage And Love

Jay POV

Me and Billie walked out of the orphanage, both with huge grin's on our faces. We walked a few blocks in a silence. It wasn't awkward, it was actually very soothing. I'm one of those people that you can sit in a room and so absolutely nothing with and still be best friends.

After about 15 minutes of walking we came upon a large 2 story house of which Billie turned and started walking up to the front door. I followed as he opened the door and stepped through the threshold.

"I SWEAR TO GOD TRÈ! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER FAKE FRIGGIN SNAKE IN THE BATHROOM I WILL SHOVE IT UP YOUR....."

"MIKE!" Billie yelled before Mike was able to get his whole sentence out. Trè came running down the stairs and hid behind me.

"He's gonna kill me!" He said in my ear.

Mike came downstairs holding a fake snake. When he saw me his eyes lit up.

"Oh, hey" He said, realizing I had heard him go on about the fake snake.

"Hi." I said, trying to sound cool, but I was kinda freaking out. I mean I live with Green Day!

"Mike, Trè this is Jaylen, Jay. Jay this is Mike and Trè, but I'm sure you know that." Billie said gesturing from person to person. I nodded as Trè came out from behind me and shook my hand.

"Nice shirt." Mike said, looking at the front of my Rage And Love shirt.

"Oh, heh, thanks." I said, still grinning like an idiot from all this.

"Uh, c'mon I'll show you your room." Billie said, gesturing for me to follow him up the stairs.

We walked up the staircase leading to the second floor. We passed 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms as we walked down the hallway. We finally came down to a decent sized room at the end of the hallway. It had a full size bed, two nightstands, a tall dresser and a decent closet.

"Wicked." I said. I've never had a room to myself. It's always been the bottom bunk in the back corner of the third room down the hall. It never changed in the 14 years I was there.

"I can take you out here in a minute and get some posters and stuff to make it more homey. We can even paint it if you want." Billie said, slumping against the doorway.

"Yeah." I said, still in awe by the idea of having my own room.

"Well then let's go." He said, grabbing his keys from his pockets. I dropped my back pack and guitar on my bed and placed my suitcase against the was. I grabbed I mix tape I made I little while ago, put it in my Walkman, pressed play and ran downstairs after Billie.

"FAMILY OUTING!!" Trè said, as we all walked out the door. Trè and Mike decided to come, saying it would be a good bonding experience for us.

"Shotgun!" I said, running over to the passenger side of the van.

"Aw, no fair." Trè said,making a pouty face as he the back door open so he and Mike could climb in.

Me and Billie climbed into the two front seats and closed the door. He clicked on the radio to hear the first three note that we're recognizable to any Green Day fan, and Billie's voice come through saying "IM THE SON OF RAGE AND LOVE!!" We drove down the Home Goods store about 30 minutes away. We all belted out every word to Jesus Of Suburbia. Though St. Jimmy is my all time favorite, Jesus Of Suburbia is a close second, even if it is 9 minutes long.

When the song finished, Billie turned the radio low. I'm guessing he wants to ask me more questions.

"So Jay, how long have you played guitar?" He asked.

"Since I was 8, I've played drums since I was 5." I explained.

"You play drums!?!?" Trè exclaimed, putting his head on the armrest of my seat.

"Yeah." I said. He high fived me.

"Nice." He said

"You can sing pretty darn good." I heard Mike say from the backseat.

"Oh, thanks." I said, blushing a bit.

"How old are you exactly?" Trè asked, peering at me and Billie.

"14. 15 on Halloween." I answered.

"Thats cool!" Trè exclaimed once more.

We pulled into the parking lot of Home Goods, which was surprisingly empty. Billie parked and me and Trè instantly ran out.

"Piggy back ride?" He asked, crouching so I can get on his back.

"Uh, yes!" I said, climbing on to his back, wrapping my arms around his neck as he grabbed the insides of my knees.

"YOU'RE A CHIHUAHUA!!" He shouted as we started off towards the store. It's true. I am extremely light. I'm 5.4 and around 70lbs.

"A Chihuahua?" I asked as we made it up to the front of the store, where he set me on the concrete.

"Yeah,HEY SLOW-POKES, HURRY UP!" Trè shouted at Billie and Mike, who we're still in the parking lane.

"Looks like Trè has himself a new best friend." Mike said as they approached us.

"Yes, yes, now hurry up!" I said, making the "Come on!" motion with my arms.

We all walked into the store and me and Billie decided to head over to where the comforters were while Mike babysat Trè.

"So what kind of bedding do you want?" Billie asked when we reached the aisle.

"My last one was just plain black, I kinda like that." I said, grabbing one from the shelf.

"Ok." Billie said, nodding.

"I was thinking, what if we put Christmas Lights around the top of the room to make it look cute." I said.

"Yeah we can do that." Billie said, smiling.

"Wicked." I said.

"What about posters?" He asked as we exited the ailse. Billie pushed the cart that had my bed spread in it.

"Yeah, I definitely want a Misfits poster, and maybe a Slipknot one." I said, smiling.

"Yes ma'am." He said, as we found a rack filled with posters. I pulled out a Slipknot one and put it in the cart. I flipped through I found a Ramones one that looked pretty dope, so I put that one in too. Billie found two Misfits and a Metallica one and put those in the cart. That's when I found it. I grabbed it out of the rack and held in up so Billie could see it.

"Really?" He asked, though it wasn't really a question.

"Yes." I said, holding the Green Day poster I found.

"Why do you need a picture of my pretty face on your wall when you get to see it everyday?" He joked as I placed the poster into the cart. We stood there for  bit longer grabbing lots more posters. I got probably 4 Motley Crue ones, a couple Queen, a Black Sabbath and a few Guns N Roses ones. When we had waaaayyy too many posters in the cart we continued to walk. Billie picked up the Christmas lights I requested and a large cork board to hang on my wall. We also found a cheap record player on sale for 10$ we decided to pick up. Even though it was only ten dollars it still worked like a champ, and sounded pretty darn good.

We went to the checkout to find Mike and Trè. Trè was holding what looked like a replica of the leg lamp from A Christmas Story.

"Oh good lord." Billie said, sighing as Trè came over holding the prestigious award.

"I'm putting this in your room and there's nothing you can do to stop me." He said, clutching the box.

"What'd you guys do? But the entire poster cart?" Mike asked, laughing.

The lady at the checkout bagged our items and we left the checkout. We walked into the parking lot, me and Billie, hand in hand.