Sometimes My Mind Plays Tricks On Me

Angela POV

**Later that day, Mike and Trè went home to feed Charlie and get stuff for Billie to stay at the hospital and stuff for Jay in case she woke up**and

"What the hell?" I muttered closing my phone. I've been trying to call Jay since yesterday afternoon and she hasn't picked up. She hasn't even texted me back. She always, always answers. She's probably still mad at me.

I got up and pulled my blood red sweater on over my white tank top and blue jeans. I ran down the stairs and out the front door, practically flying to Jay's house.

When I got there I ran up to the house, lungs on fire from running in the cold. I banged on the door 3 times and stepped back. The door opened to reveal a extremely tired looking Trè. His eyes were red and puffy, his cheeks stained with tear lines. He looked like a hot mess.

"Oh, hey Angela." He said. His voice sounded horse from crying.

"Hey, is Jay here?" I asked. He just looked at the floor.

"Uh, Angela, there was an accident. She was hit my a car and she's unconscious at the hospital right now." He said. I took in every word even though I had tapped out at "there was an accident".

"Is she alright? When will she wake up?" I asked on rapid fire. My best friend and crush is in the hospital after getting hit by a car, and the last thing I might've ever done with her was freak out when she kissed me.

"She's steady at the moment but that can change and we have no idea if she'll wake up." He said.

"Oh my God." I said through my tears. I walked away from the front door, sobbing. My best friend, could be dead by tonight and I never got to apologize and tell her I loved her.