Time Stands Still As The Years Go By

Jay POV

I sat there, crying in Billie's arms for I don't know how long. I finnally came out to him. I don't know why I was so scared to, I mean, I knew he would love me unconditionally. I'm proud of myself for coming out to him. It took a while and a lot of thinking, but I finally did it.

"I love you so much Jay, nothing will ever change that." He said as we finally released from our hug. I saw that he was also crying. His eyes were filled with pride and joy.

" I know and I love you too." I said back.

"C'mon we should get going if we're going to be there in time for my mom." He said, starting the car up.

I flicked the radio to hear the words of  Nirvana's version of Where Did You Sleep Last Night.

"What brought this on?" Billie asked as we drove.

"I know it's weird, but I honestly have a huge crush on Angela. It only grows everyday I mean, she's so sweet and super smart." I said, looking at my knees.

"Do you know if she likes girls?" Billie asked. He didn't seem weirded out by the fact that I just said I had a crush on my best friend.

"No. I don't know I mean." I responded.

"You should ask her." He said.

"What is she gets all weird about it?" I aksed.

"Look, I'm gonna tell you a story." He started. "First off, I'm bisexual too" I gave him a surprised look. "Yeah I am, Coming Clean, that's what it's about. Anyways, I was about your age I guess, I had a crush on Mike."

"What!?" I asked.

"Yeah, and I told him. He told me he didn't feel the same, which is what I figured, but that he wanted us to still be friends and not have anything get weird between us."  He continued.

"Did they?" I asked.

"No. Because real friends are accepting of others and don't let the others flaws ruin a friendship." He said.

"What if things get weird between me and Angela and she judges me." I asked.

"Then I don't think she's really your friend. When you get close, and I mean close, friends you can kiss em on the lips even if you're both straight and neither of you will give a crap. It's almost like a sibling bond." He explained.

"That's an odd way of explaining it but I guess I see your point." I said.

"If Angela freaks, it's her loss cause you are an amazing kid." He said, smiling.

"You're just saying that." I said.

"No, I'm not. You're selfless, you down to earth, you know what's wrong and how to fix it, you are the funniest person I have ever met. You are perfect Jay." He said.

With that we drove the rest of the way home in a comfortable silence. I was still crying a bit. He looked like he couldn't be prouder if he tried, and that makes me know, this is where I'm meant to be.