She's Holding On My Heart Like A Hand Grenade

Billie POV

*Time skip to later that night*

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!" We all finished as we circled around Jay. She blew hard at her fifteen candles on a chocolate cake with white frosting and the words "Happy Birthday Jay" written in pink frosting across the top.

My mom and Jay had already become attached to each other. My mom thinks she's the most amazing thing to ever walk the earth, which she is to me. She's warming up to my siblings but it's hard since both my brothers are already drunk and it's not even 7 yet.

Jay doesn't like being the center of attention but I can tell she is enjoying having a party. Trè and disappeared to God knows where right after we finished singing. Angela, Ethan, Teagan and Jay are all sitting at the at the table eating cake. After we've all eaten we're going to do presents.

"Dude where the hell did Trè go?" Mike asked, sipping his beer.

"I have no clue." I responded

"What'd you get her?" He asked.

"Couple records, some shirts, and a little Polaroid camera." I responded.

"Nice. I got her a new record player, since her other one is pretty crappy. This one sound fricken awesome." He said.

"Are you trying to out do me, Dirnt?" I joked.

"Nothing wrong with wanting to spoil my niece." He said slyly.

"Uh yeah, when we go broke there is." I joked, taking a drink of my beer.

"Right, gift time!" I said after all the kids had out their dishes in the sink.

After I gave the okay, Jay ripped into the first one. It was from my mom and inside was a Metallica shirt, a Queen shirt and a Blink-182 shirt. She said her thanks and dove into the second one. This time from Angela. Inside were 4 CD's. Ozzy Osborne's The Blizzard Of Ozz, The Ramones Road To Ruin, and The Misfits, Collection and  Project 1950. Teagan got her a Good Charlotte and a Social Distortion poster. She got a bunch of random shirts like Rugrats,N'SYNC, and Friends. She opened the record player from Mike and her eyes lit up. She got up and hugged him for it. She opened the 4 boxes from me. She really liked the Polaroid.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY!!!" We turned to see Trè Freaking Cool in the doorway holding a white Labrador. retriever puppy.

"Oh. My. God!" Jay said. Her, Angela and Teagan all rushed over there.

To be clear, I did not give the ok on a dog. Who's going to take care of it while we're on tour? I mean, yes, it's going to be a while before we go on tour again since we did just get back from Bullet In A Bible when I adopted Jay, but that doesn't make it ok to go and adopt a freaking dog!

"Looks like Trè beat us both." Mike said.

"What the hell?" I asked when Trè came over.

"What?" He asked.

"A dog? Seriously?" I said.

"Oh come on, Jay and I will take care of it." He argued.

"Until you don't and I do." I said.

"Oh come on, it's just a dog." He said.

"Oh just a dog." I said as I rolled my eyes and walked away.

"Billie look!" Jay said holding the dog up. Crud. It's cute.

"What are you gonna name it?" I asked.

"Him. Not it." She corrected." And we decided on Charlie." She said.

"That's cute." I said. I'm still angry at Trè for not bringing this up with me, but it's hard to stay mad when you see the look on Jay's face.

Jay took all her stuff up to her bedroom. Her, Angela and Teagan all went to her bedroom for the night. Ethan took off and went home. He seems like a good kid. He's trustworthy. If Jay ended up falling for him at some point I think I'd live.

We didn't hear from the girls the rest of the night so me, Trè, Mike, my mom and my sisters we're all by ourselves. My brothers went to bed early as they we're both wasted.

"I'm proud of you Bill." My sister, Anna, said as I sat down next to Mike.

"For what?" I asked.

"Jay. You seem so much happier with her and I can tell she really loves you."

"Yes. She's an angel you know that?" My mom chimed in.

"So you've said." I said, sipping on a beer.

"Well it's true!" My sister, Hollie said.

"Remember when we passed out in the living room and she stood on the loft and poured ice cold water on us." Mike said.

"Yes, how could I forget." I joked.

"She what?" My mom said.

"She doused us with freezing water to wake us up." Trè said from the other side of the couch.

"Why?" Anna asked.

"She thinks she's funny." Mike said.

"You guys deserved it." Hollie said.

"It. Was. Cold." Trè said.

"Oh you think so?" Mike said.

"Of course it was genius! It was freaking ice water!" I said.

We all laughed the rest of the night. My mom and sisters eventually went to bed. Mike and Trè drunkenly held each other on the couch. I went upstairs and peeked into Jay's room. The TV was still going with Nightmare On Elm Street playing. Teagan was sprawled out on a mattress on the floor and Jay had her head resting on Angela's shoulder. They we're all out cold. Too much excitement for one day.

Angela and Jay would be cute together honestly. I don't know if Jay has come out to her yet. I don't know what Angela will say. But I hope the two at least stay friends. Jay clearly loves Angela, both ways, and I would hate to see her heart broken if her friend hates her for being bi.