Hooligans, We Destroyed Suburbia

I don't know why I picked this title, I just like this lyric from Outlaws. I honestly don't know where I'm going for the rest of this story, but I'm already planning book 2, so....

Billie POV
**After the encounter with Angela.**

I sat in the hospital room, strumming the acoustic guitar Mike had brought up for me. They were gonna stay and take care of the house, see my mom and siblings off when they went back to Oakland. I hate not being there to say bye to them, but I have to stay with Jay. I have to be here when she wakes up.

"Do you know what's worth fighting for, when it's not worth dying for? Does it take your breath away, and you feel yourself suffocating? Does the pain weigh out the pride and you look for a place to hide? Did someone break your heart inside? Your in ruins."  I sang. I wrote this in the short time Jay has been in the hospital. Its about her. (Obviously it's not, I just thought eh why not?) I looked over at her small, broken body. I wish it we're me. I wish I was the one struck by that car. It should've been me. Jay's so perfect she doesn't deserve to be in this state. She's too perfect, I don't deserve her. She's the only thing that is holding me together and I can't lose her.

"Hey BeeJ." I heard Mike say from the doorway.

"Hey." I mumbled.

"You good?" He asked, sitting down next to me on the couch. I shrugged. Physically yes, I'm fine. But mentally, i feel like I'm about to lose it. My daughter it laying in this horrible white prison and im sitting here playing the freaking guitar.

"You want me to pick you up some food?" Mike asked. I shook my head,no. I can't even think about eating right now. Not while Jay is laying here unable to move or talk.

"Do you want me to stay here?" He asked, putting his arm around me. I nodded as I sunk back into his chest. It's comforting. Mike's been my best friend since we were 10 and he's been there through all the crap thrown at me.

"Thanks Mike." I whispered, just loud enough so he could hear.

"For what?" He asked, stroking my head.

"Everything." I said back. " Did my mom leave?" I asked after a moment.

"Yeah about an hour ago. They all did. By the way Gerard called, he's in town. I told him what happened, he wants to come up here when she wakes up to meet her." Mike responded.

"I honestly completely forgot about Gerard." I said.

"Yeah me too." Mike laughed.

"How's Trè handling this?" I asked.

"He's hopeful. Which is what we all need. He broke the news to Angela." Mike said.

"How'd she take it?"

"I really don't know, she was crying. I know that much."

"She likes her, doesn't she?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"Yeah." I muttered back.

We sat there for a while in silence. Just thinking. I want my little girl back. I want to look Into her eyes and tell her I love her. But I don't know if I'll ever be able to.