I Heard You Crying Loud, All The Way Across Town

Jay POV

I woke up being held my Angela. Crap. We fell asleep like that again? I looked up and saw her looking at me.

"Hey." She said.

"Sorry." I mumbled getting my head off of her shoulder.

"It's cool, how'd you sleep?" She asked.

"I dunno, is gay an answer." I said, groggily. She laughed at this and I smiled back. I saw Teagan had already gotten up, and probably left the house entirely, as she wasn't on her bed. Teagan is an early bird, Angela's a night owl and I'm some sort of a permanently exhausted pigeon.

"Hey Ange, can I talk to you about something?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"Sure." She said.

"I'm gonna be blunt" I mumbled. I took a deep breath before "Look Ange, I, I ... I" I stuttered. Crap, I'm making a fool of myself "screw it." I muttered as I leaned in and kissed her. She looked shocked and surprised.  I pulled away, blushing. "Sorry." I mumbled. She just looked at me in terror.

"I gotta go." She whispered and she got up and left the room. I felt myself curl into ball. Did I just screw up my relationship with Angela? She probably hates me. I felt the tears roll down my face as I heard the front door close behind Angela.

"You ok kid?" I heard Billie say in my doorway. I nodded but didn't look at him.

"You told her didn't you?" He asked as he sat down on the edge of my bed. Again I nodded silently.

"Didn't go over well I take it?" He said, putting a hand on my knee.

"She looked at me like I had just told her I'm dying. Then she just got up and left." I said.

"Give her time. Maybe she'll come around." He said, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm gonna go take a walk." I said.

"Want me to come with you?" He asked, softly. I shook my head, he nodded, got up and walked out.  I pulled on my Insomniac shirt and my my earbuds in at full blast. I heard the familiar words to The Grouch playing through them. I went down and walked out the front door. I had left my phone at home and didn't feel like going back to get it.

I felt the October air blowing my hair in all directions. It's Halloween and now I'm officially 15. But I don't think I have much to look forward to this year seeing as I've already ruined the only friendship I had. I kept walking down 56th street and I heard the opening notes to Boulevard Of Broken Dreams playing, and Billie's voice come through saying "I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever know. I don't know where it goes, but it's home to me and I walk alone."

"Coincidence, I think not." I muttered to myself as I walked across the street. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't see the van coming towards me before it was too late, and everything went dark.