Chapter 23: Slowly on the way to healing

Elijah couldn't think let alone focus as he and Mia backed into the corner of the room, trying not to get in anyone's way as they worked on Charlie. The room was chaos, defibrillators going on, nurses holding his mother she struggled to get to his brother. The worst of it was his father panicking from outside the room. His fists pounding the door as he tried to get in.

"Li what's going on," Mia looked up at him with tearful eyes.

"I - I don't know," he whispered in reply. Since Charlie had disappeared he felt like he couldn't piece everything together like he usually could. It was like he had no control

"Mia, Elijah," A nurse bent down in front of them amongst all the commotion. "We're going to take you to your father, he's just waiting outside. For the young boy, it was all a blur as he suddenly found himself in his father's arms.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," Spencer mumbled into his children's shoulders.

"Why are you sorry Daddy," Mia tilted her head in confusion, eyes still wet with brimming tears. Her words made Spencer chuckle as he wiped his eyes before pulling them back into his arms.

In all respect, he didn't know what he was sorry for. Keeping them a secret, the fact that both Darcy and Charlie were kidnapped and hurt, that Charlie was going to die or finally that he was finally losing his shit because of all this and he didn't know how to handle it all. What he did know was that he needed to pull himself together, even act like it for the sake of his kids and his family. Thankfully he had his team to help him through it, he just lost sight of that for a moment.

"What's happening with my wife," Spencer questioned seeing Darcy passed out in her bed.

"We had to sedate her to help Charlie, she was completely freaking out," the nurse told him in reassurance she was fine.

Thankfully despite the drama of it, it didn't take long for Charlie to be stabilized much to all the Reids and teams relief. It was at this time Spencer knew he needed to return home, Mia and Elijah needed him, plus there was nothing else he could do at the hospital. He needed to put his two youngest first, while Darcy and Charlie were in the best place they could be.

After Luke had generously dropped them off, Spencer took a shower while the kids watched TV. Only he was surprised walking into his room to find them fast asleep in his bed. Smiling sadly, he climbed in pulling them both close. Last night had been rough and exhausting for them all so it was no wonder he soon found himself fast asleep too.

Let's just hope that in the morning they would be slowly on their way to healing. 

_______________________________________________

Thanks so much for your patients everyone things have been pretty busy for me. I started moving into my hall and started Uni in February only for my whole country to go into lockdown in March.  You guys are such amazing support and I know you deserve more regular updates but with how my writing brain has been lately I can't promise that 

I hope you enjoy this update 

MollyXXX