Chapter 8: Like Father, Like Son

Emotions streamed through Darcy after the words exited his mouth. She did nothing to hurt him, nothing that would make him act like this; what happened to him had nothing to do with her.

"Don't you dare say that I ruined your life; everything that happened to you was your fault, not mine, so don't you dare say that I did. You also have no right to speak about my husband like that, he is a better man than you ever would ever be," the words flew out of Darcy's mouth before she could process what she had just said. Realizing this her eyes widened as Dean stalked towards her. There cold steely blue colour pierced her own his hand firmly held her chin tilting up, so she looked directly at him.

"Oh, is that so," he smirked releasing her chin from his harsh grasp. "Then why is he raising a son that is mine. Oh, don't look at me like that."

"H-h-how di-dd you know-now," Darcy splutter the words not coming out quick enough. Chuckling to himself, Dean walked over to the rooms only window.

"You obviously have no idea of how long I have been watching you and your little family do you," he smirked shaking his head. "How could I not know he was my son; the boy is a spitting image of me. His names Charlie isn't it."

"You may be his biological father, but you will be nothing but a sperm donor," Darcy bit back using all the courage she could summon. "He is going to be nothing like you."

"Really you think so do you," Dean raised an eyebrow at his captive. "Just because I wasn't a part of his life physically or even emotionally, but he is as you just said biologically my son, that's all that matters. After all, like father, like son."

The bone-chilling smirk he now wore was enough to unnerve a psychopath let alone poor Darcy. What scared her, even more, was the knife he had now pulled from his pocket and twirled in his hands.

"So, I think it might be better if you kept your opinions to yourself, hmm," he advised Darcy before pretending to be in thought. "You know what I really should meet the boy, he should really get to know his father."

"No, don't you dare go anywhere near him," Darcy struggled against her restraints, using all her strength to break through so she could deck the psycho in the face.

"I'm sorry the plan has already been put in motion, where do you think I went when I left?" that was all it took for all colour to drained from Darcy's face.

Exiting the room Dean couldn't control his growing smirk, the idea of Darcy being so scared, and paranoid gave him a sense of emotion he could not describe. Finally, after all those years he spent behind bars, because of her; no contact from anyone, not even his own parents and a son she never even gave him the chance to meet. They say revenge is sweet, but he never thought it would feel this good. Now all he had to do wait, it was only a matter of time before Charlie would find his letter. This was going smoother than he ever imagined. Not only was he finally going to make Darcy pay he was going to leave a trail disaster in his wake.

"Oh, the Reid family will never see what is coming their way," a cynical laugh escaped him.

"Alright, what can I do to help? Anything you need me to do to do to help find Mum, I'll do it," they were the first words Charlie had spoken since his conversation with Spencer and saying goodbye to Eli and Mia. He wanted to do anything in his power to take help his mother get home safely and nothing was going to prevent him from doing so. Unknowingly having Spencer by his side helped keep him calm. Their relationship may not have been as close as it should have, but it helped him remember he wasn't totally alone; that he wasn't the only one who had someone missing.

Even under the worst circumstances, over the small amount of time he had to know the team, Charlie knew they would stop at nothing to bring his mother him. It was something he appreciated especially since they never knew about him and his siblings, even his mother until that day.