Chapter 15/Finale

*WARNING: Su*cide in this chapter also*

Darry's POV

"I have to let you go, Dallas stays here though." Deputy Sear said, opening the door. Y/n bolted out the door, and I followed close behind. We ran to my truck and got in, shutting the doors as soon as we got in. We then took off. "We gotta find Dallas." she stated. I quickly drove to my house so we could check there. No Dallas. We then checked the park. She got out and quickly ran at some person, tackling them in the side. I heard a gunshot and saw Dallas fall to the ground. I quickly ran over to him. "Dal, I'm here. I've got you." I told him, hiding my emotions. "Hey, miss me already, did ya?" I heard her chuckle. "Y/n, Y/n, look over here! NOW!" I said urgently. She turned towards me and looked horrified. I felt the same way. She quickly turned back to Deputy Sear. "Alright, you wanna play that game, huh? I'll play that game." I saw her reach her hand out to grab the gun, and luckily he slapped her hand away. "Y/N, please, think here!" I hollered at her. She then kneed him in the stomach and leaned forwards, attempting to get the gun again. He kicked her in the stomach as well. "Y/N, please, no!" I screamed. She punched him square in the nose, clearly ignoring me, and managed to rip the gun from his hands. "Alright, "dad", I'll play your game." She turned the gun so it was pointed at herself. "Put. The Gun. Down." He said carefully. "Please, No!" I hollered again. She smiled, bringing the gun closer to herself. "No. You shoot my friend, I'll shoot myself. I hope you have a better life without me, "dad"." She responded. "Y/N, please, put the gun down. Dal may be gone, but..." She cut me off without looking at me. "No, Dal is gone. If Deputy Sear wants to kill my friend, I'll be damned if I'm not killed too." I started running towards her, but I was too late. She had pulled the trigger, and she almost immediately fell upon impact. "Y/N, NO!" Johnny cried out, running towards us with the rest of the gang except for Dallas. I had reached her."You'll be fine, you're not gonna die." I said. "No, no, not her. Please, not her." Pony mumbled. Soda kneeled besides her on the other side. He cupped her cheek and ran his hand through her hair. "No, this can't be happening. We were supposed to be caring for y/n, not her caring for us." Soda whispered. She smiled, and then grew limp. I stood up, then walked back over to Dallas. He wasn't gone yet, but I knew he'd be soon. "Dal, she..." "I know, I know." He croaked. I saw tears running down his face. "I...I failed her. I was only trying to protect her. But I messed up." he stated, choking back sobs. I sighed. "I know. We both know you'll see her soon enough. So would you tell her, that we said we were only caring for her. But say "The gang said they were caring for Y/N." Please?" I asked, holding back tears. Dal nodded and smiled. "Of course. Thanks for everything, Darrel." He said. And with that, he was also gone. I decided to let my emotions out, knowing everyone else was too busy to notice me. To my surprise, everyone pulled me into a group hug sometime while I was sobbing, and I didn't even notice it. "C'mon guys, let's go home. They may be gone, but they'd want us to go home. That's what caring for them was all about." I said, standing up. And with that, we walked home.

THE END