Chapter 10

Dallas' POV

I nodded. "Nice to meet you, deputies. Anyways, I'll tell you what happened." I gulped, then started. "I'm not exactly sure what all happened, I just know that when I arrived the soc was holding her in a headlock and held a blade to her neck. She kicked him and he let go a little, but managed to cut her. She then punched him and he kicked her. She flew backwards and hit her head on a sharp rock. Then I took her home, and she passed out as soon as I put her on the couch." Sear nodded and wrote down some notes. "Then how did she kill him?" I felt her eyes glaring at me, and I thought. "She ran into him again, and killed him in self defense." I stated simply. The deputies nodded, but I could tell they didn't believe me. "Alright, you two stay in here and we are going to go talk this over." Deputy Sear stated, walking out of the room with Deputy Jack. When they were gone, y/n turned to me. "Good going." she said, crossing her arms. I shrugged. "What was I supposed to do?" I exclaimed. She looked at me. "Oh gee, I don't know. Maybe next time don't make me sound like a mass murderer!" she hissed. "I'm sorry, if you don't want me blowing our cover, I've gotta lie!" I replied back angrily. She rolled her eyes and turned away from me. Wow, she wants to take my place but also wants me to not lie? Maybe I'm being overdramatic. But I could tell this wasn't going to work in our favor.

Y/N's POV

When the deputies left the room to talk, I decided to get after Dallas. He made me sound like a murderer, for gosh sake! "Good going." I said, crossing my arms to emphasize that I'm upset at him. "What was I supposed to do?" he practically yelled at me. I looked at him, anger burning through me. "Oh, gee, I don't know. Maybe next time don't make me sound like a mass murderer!" I hissed back at him. I wasn't putting up with this shit today. If Dallas wanted to be rude to me, I'd be rude right back. "I'm sorry, if you don't want me blowing our cover, I've gotta lie!" he replied back, clearly pissed at me. I rolled my eyes and turned away. Boy, was he dumb! I could tell that he was glaring at me, but I didn't care. I almost hoped I'd be put to death for my "crime". Maybe then Dallas would learn not to be so rude. The deputies came back in, this time with Darry as well. "Hey, Dar." I said, still not looking towards Dallas. Darry smiled, although it was clearly forced. In the crisis we were in, how could we truly smile? Darry came over and stood between Dallas and I. Deputy Sear spoke up. "Darry, you know these two I've heard. Did y/n really kill the soc? Was it truly self defense?" he asked. Darry looked at me, then at Dallas. "Yes sir, Y/n killed the soc, and it was truly self defense." Darry stated. The deputy nodded. "Okay guys, I'm giving you one more chance. I'm sure you guys realize that if we find out you're lying and someone else killed the soc, not only will the murderer be punished, but you guys will be punished as well for keeping evidence hidden and not telling the truth." I gulped, then looked at Darry and Dallas. Dallas looked at Darry and smirked. "Deputy Sear, we have an issue that you need to deal with..." Officer Jane said, walking into the room. "Not now, Jane." Sear said, turning to her. "Sir, there's a huge fight going on downstairs between the cellmates." Sear sighed. "Alright, get these 2 boys out of here. The girl stays." Sear said, turning to deal with the fighting. I looked towards Dallas and Darry, and they looked at me with a "I'm sorry" look and left the room. Great, I wasn't getting out of here, was I?