Chapter 13

Y/N's POV

Deputy Sear and Officer Jane walked me inside the Interrogation room again. They had told me about Dallas' confession and asked if it was true, and I denied it again. "Hello boys, I'm Officer Jane." She introduced herself to the boys. Darry walked over to her and shook her hand. "I'm Darry, Darry Curtis." he said, then coming to stand by Dallas and I. I had sat down while Darry and Officer Jane were introducing themselves. "We will allow you guys to talk for a little bit while we process stuff." Deputy Sear smiled, walking out with Officer Jane following behind. As soon as the door shut, I gave heavy breath and got a hold of Dallas' collar. "Why the HELL would you do that, Dallas! Did you forget the consequence we'll get for this? Huh Dal?" I slapped my hand against the table hard. "Damn you, Dal. Damn you..." I trailed off, letting Dallas go and starting to cry. I took Dallas' spot, for gosh sake, and now both of us would get hurt, all because Dallas couldn't leave it alone. I then felt Darry pull us into a group hug. "Guys, we will get through this. I promise. God help us." he said. I could tell he had started to tear up. We all just cried in a group hug. That's when the officers came back in. I looked up and saw Deputy Sear with the biggest smile on his face. God, I so terribly badly wanted to slap him. I couldn't believe that he'd be my dad. "Well. Y/N, you're free to go." he said with the happiest voice. I just sat in my chair and stared at him. Officer Jane looked at Dallas with a sympathetic look. "Unfortunately, Dallas has a terrible police record. A murder added on makes him have to get put under." She stated. I looked at her. "No." I said sternly. Everyone turned to look at me. "What do you mean?" She asked, confused. I stood up. "I said no. I'm not letting you guys kill him. You wanna kill him? You'll have to kill me first." I said, standing defensively in front of Dallas. I shoved him down with one of the hands behind my back and pointed towards an exit. Lucky for me, dad had taught me all the secrets of the police station. I knew Dallas was crawling away quietly. Deputy Sear frowned at me. "Sweetie, he's a criminal. He's done plenty of bad things. Murder cuts the end of the line. Don't you want out of here? You could've been stuck in jail for many years for a murder you didn't commit. He probably forced you to take his spot and the guilt got to him." I scoffed. "In case you didn't know, Dallas is my friend. I'm not letting you hurt him unless you hurt me first. For your information, Deputy Sear, I willingly took his spot. He didn't want me to, but I did. So freak off." Darry looked at me surprised. When I was around Darry, I usually was nice and kind. But this guy, who's supposedly my "dad", was pissing me off. I'll be damned if he hurts Dallas without hurting me first. Deputy Sear's jaw dropped open. "I can't kill my own daughter." He stated. "Then you can't kill Dallas either. Simple as that." I smirked, knowing I just pissed this guy known as my "dad" off. He sighed. "I have to let you go, Dallas stays here though." he said, opening the door to let me out. I bolted out the door, Darry hot on my tail. I ran to his truck and got in, shutting the door as soon as I got in. Darry did the same, then took off. "We gotta find Dallas." I stated, knowing Darry already knew that. We quickly checked the Curtis house. He wasn't there. We then checked the park. When I got out, I spotted him not far away. There was another person following him, and I quickly ran at them and tackled them in the side. I heard a gunshot and looked at the man. Deputy Sear. He looked at me horrified. I smirked back at him. "Hey, miss me already, did ya?" I chuckled. "Y/n, Y/n, look over here! NOW!" I heard urgency in Darry's voice and turned. What I saw horrified me.