~Chapter 64~

*Michael's Point Of View*

"What did he say?" Marilyn asks, giving me cheeky smile.

I exhale deeply, glancing down at my cellphone.

I don't know what to think right now. I getting a run around? Is this a test? I don't know, but I wish whatever it was wouldn't end in a negative outcome.

Sensing my frustration in my hesitation, Marilyn sighs as well and walks towards me.

"Papa, it will be okay. Things will be okay" She assures me as she takes a seat beside me.

"I should've done that while you were on the phone I'm sorry I-"

"Babygirl, don't blame yourself for this. It's not your fault that you were craving me ha-ha" I tease, taking her hand in mine.

A small giggle escapes her lips before she replies.

" I'm serious Michael. I'm sure Mister Reid got a hint of what was happening on the other end..." She trails off, shaking her head.

I cup her chin with my free hand.

"Babygirl, if he judges me for having a damn good wife then to hell with him. I'll be fine, there will be more offers" I assure her, pressing my lips gently against hers.

"Says the man who has been freaking out for the past two days... I still feel guilty" She sighs.

I stare at her silently for a moment before a smirk spreads across my lis and a bulb in my mind.

"How about we make it even and I return your favor? Would you still feel guilty?" I offer, biting down on my bottom lip.

She giggles, shoving me a little.

"You have a sex drive of a teenager, but I'm pregnant. That little favor took a lot out of me, I'm tired" She explains, pecking lips.

"I may not be a daddy-to-be, but don't you think this daddy has cravings too? I need candy as well" I wink, leaning into her ear.

"We don't have to be rabbits, but I wouldn't mind having a little fun-"

My sentence was put to silence by the annoying sound if my cellphone ringer.

I sigh and glance at my cellphone in annoyance. I don't want to be bother right now, not unless it's L.A Reid.

Marilyn watches me as I stand up and drag myself over to our dresser to answer the phone.

Without glancing at the collar I.D I answer.

*"Hello?"

"Hey Michael, it's Evelyn I need some help...",

"Help? Help with what?"

"Is she there with you?",

"My wife? Yes, she's here why?"

"I just need your help can we talk?"

"Evelyn, what is this about?"

"Michael, I'll tell you just meet me at The hospital as soon as possible"

"Evelyn what is-"

"Please hurry"*

Hanging up, I turn to Marilyn who was patiently waiting for a response.

Letting out a long sigh, I pinch the bridge of my nose then construe my current issue.

"Evelyn... She needs me for something. I don't know what, but it could be something about the twins, I need to make sure and I'll be right back"