22

MADISON

THE hot water feels amazing against my skin, but I can't stop thinking about how Kaiden and his touch. A part of me wishes I wouldn't have turned down his offer to shower together. I'd love to watch the soap slide down his tanned, sculpted body.

I shake my head even though nobody is around to see me, and I wash the shampoo out of my hair. Kaiden let me sleep in his bed last night, so tonight I plan on taking the couch.

It's late when I finally dry off and put my pajamas back on. Kaiden is lying on his bed, focused on something on the T.V. He looks up at me when he hears the bathroom door open.

"Finally, took you long enough." He grumbles and stands up from the bed to stretch.

"I was only in there for ten minutes at the max." I roll my eyes and look at the television. He's watching South Park. "I love that show! Cartman is my favorite."

A grin spreads across his face, highlighting all of his attractive features. "Really? I like Kyle."

"I used to watch this all the time." I sigh and sit down on his bed.

"I watch it every night basically," He opens the door to the bathroom. "I'll be out in a second."

When Kaiden finally does get out, it takes every fiber in my body to not gawk at him. His basketball shorts ride low on his hips, his V-line very prominent. There's still a few water droplets that dribble down his chest. The combination of his tanned skin, his toned muscles, the water, and his tattoos is enough for me to want to jump his bones. I must be getting my period soon because sex is all I can think about recently. Sex with Kaiden specifically.

He runs a towel through his messy brown hair and tosses it onto the floor in the bathroom. He could pick up after himself a little better, but I don't say anything.

He turns off his lamp, making the T.V. the only source of light in the room, and crawls onto the bed next to me. I don't question what he's doing, instead we both focus our attention on the show playing in front of us.

Soon, my eyes start to droop and I fight to keep them open. Kaiden still seems very interested in the show and not tired at all. I don't want to fall asleep in his bed, but I can't help it.

And when I do wake up, the room is dark with the slightest amount of light peaking in from the streetlights outside. I can see Kaiden beside me. He looks peaceful when he sleeps. His dark, thick eyelashes rest on his cheeks, his mouth is slightly ajar and light breaths escape his lips. I'm tempted to cuddle into him, but instead I just turn over and shut my eyes. I could go sneak out to go to the couch, but I don't want to wake him up, or at least that's what I tell myself.

———

I have a lot to do today. I'll call you later - K.

That's the note I find on Kaiden's pillow in the morning. His messy handwriting stains the white sheet of paper. I don't know why he left me a note when he could've left me a text like a normal person. I have class today and let's just say I'm not looking forward to it.

After changing into a nice outfit and attempting to do my hair and makeup, I drive to campus and make it to my Fundamentals of Nursing class right on time. This is my least favorite class because it's four hours long, but I know it will pay off in the long run.

My professor, Mrs. Williams, stands at the front of the classroom with a woman I've never seen before. I take my usual seat and get my book and notebook out.

Once the classroom fills, she claps her hands to attract everyone's attention. "Good morning, class! If you haven't noticed, today my friend April Belcher has decided to join us. She is an autopsy nurse and she's going to help us discuss post mortem care."