Chapter 10 - Familar faces , and different places

Gavin's POV

Jeez this group is getting big. And I hate how Natalia is referring to us as a big family, because she won't be able to make the hard decisions. She should have yelled at Genna she deserved it. She was a frigging idiot for dropping the only weapon she had. God if Natalia doesn't make the right decisions then I'm gonna have to...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2 1/2 miles later.

Natalia's POV

Our group is getting big.This is good more people who can help. But more people to feed and to keep warm when winter comes around. but we will make it work because I'm not gonna leave some one alone to deal with this by themselves. I think to my self- but my train of thought was interrupted by a loud scream of, "HELLLLLLLP MEEEEEEE" I turn around to see a girl running towards the group with a hoard of zombies behind her. Here we go again. I turn to the group but they were already ready for this group of zombies. The girl comes tumbling into our group but Jacob grabs her and throws her to the ground. I pull a zombie close. let's see how well this rock works. I take the rock and plunged it into the zombies head. But it didn't go down. Fuck this isn't long enough. I pull the zombie closer and threw it to the ground face first and smash the back of its head in . I turn to see a zombie going for the girl. I army role threw the chaos onto one of my knees and jump on top of the zombie. 

I hear some one yell in my direction, "MOVE" I roll off the top of the zombie and all I see is a piece of wood go trough its head. Then a generous hand helps me up. I match the voice to the face now. It was Josh.

"Thanks." I look around at the zombies. All dead, i turn towards the girl who had been on the ground watching it all happen. Genna gasps with excitement "DESSY!" She screams happily. She looks over at me. "Oh Natalia this is my friend Dessy. I've known her, basically since birth." Genna smiles happily.

I look over towards Dessy and put on a cold front, "Hmm. Are you bitten, weak, or slow?" She shakes her head nervously. She is so tiny, I feel kinda bad. She's this tiny little hispanic girl with pretty black hair and a scared look on her face,"Fine." I say. I turn and all I can hear is Genna Yell in happiness. "We need to go though, we are almost there like ten more minutes of walking." We do about fifteen more minutes of walking. Okay i was five minutes off my bad. BUT, "WE'RE HERE!" I say happily. We now stand in front of a white and blue house about 40 years old."Let's go in" I said happy as I feel a smile start to grow on my face. I look to my left and behind me and to my disappointment no cars were their, "Their cars aren't here" Jacob looks at me,

"Who's Cars?" I shake my head,

"No ones" I let out a sigh and say under my breath, "No one at all."