15.

~~CALUM

"Keia? Oh god i missed you" she hugged her.

"I uh..same" she shyly said. "This is Calum, we met at Sydney" i shook her hand and she smiled.

"Laura, Keia's stepmother. You're a handsome boy, are you courting her?" I smirked.
"I'm still debating on that" she laughed.

"Funny boy, he's a keeper" she said as if she was like whispering. "but, Keia we'll talk after this party ok? Wouldn't want to ruin a beautiful night"
She nodded.

Laura nudge a man, which i assume is Keia's uncle, who nearly killed her. i tensed a little, Keia held our hands together.

"Peter, say hi to Keia" he awkwardly waved at her.
"Hi" she said.
"Keia i'm-"
"Just like Laura said, we wouldn't want to ruin a beautiful night, save it" she cut him off.

She smiled at them then dragged me at the dance floor.

"Did you see his face? Keia you're so brave" i squealed, in a manly way.

"Did you just squealed?" She grinned.
"What? I'm being supportive" she giggled then hugged me.

"You're the best. I'm very glad i have a friend like you"
"Me too Keia, me too" i patted her back.

The song went to a waltz one or whatever dance which is making us move so formally.

"Laura likes classical music. This is Tales of vienna woods.she probably requested it, i mean look at her, she's already dancing" i chuckled.

"What kind of music do you like?" I asked.
"I don't know. It's impossible to listen only to one genre. i'm open to listen any kind of music. You?"

"Anything loud or meaningful. do you play any instruments?"

" I didn't know we're playing 20 questions" i chuckled. " well, i'm completely versatile to any triangle instruments" i laughed. "kidding! Ok probably uh.. playing the piano. you?"

"I'd like to learn the piano, will you teach me? I can play the guitar, bass, drums. I'll teach you those and you teach me"
"Deal" i gently lifted her legs and spun her around, her keeping up with me.

"I didn't know you're a smooth dancer"
"My sister taught me" i spun her around.
"Well, Mali did a great job at teaching you"
"Are you flirting with me?" She rolled her eyes
"No. i'm just being completely honest"

We went silent for a bit until she roared a loud laugh. we noticed that people weren't dancing anymore, just watching the two of us letting the music control our feet.

--

The party ended exactly midnight.The three eggheads got drunk and Keia swore she won't drink but ended up drinking up a whole expensive wine bottle. I'm glad that people weren't questionable about her drunken condition, since they know her ever since she was a little girl.

One by one, i put them to bed. I don't feel like getting drunk tonight. Keia's the last one i put to bed cause she kept on braiding the vines in the backyard.
I huffed. finally putting them all to bed.

I actually felt guilty for all of the great things these people have given to me. They never gave up on me, i'm really lucky to have them.

Maybe i should try changing for them.

The sound of glass shattering echoed outside the room. I slowly twist the knob and went outside. Two loud voices can be heard by the kitchen.

"What if she doesn't forgive me? I swore Laura i fucking didn't mean it."
"Peter you need to rel-"
"No! I'm a bad person! I should be in jail"