Chapter 28

|Your pov|

"Nothing's happening." Someone whispered in the group.

"Above us!" Asuna yelled. I quickly looked up and notice it was the Skull Reaper.
"Don't stay together! Stay away from it!" Heathcliff yelled. I looked at it once more and notice it was making it's way down.
"Run!" Kirito yelled.

Two men started to run, but then the Skull Reaper threw them flying. Asuan then tried to caught them, but it was to late.

"B-But how?" I paused, "That's insane."
"What are we going to do! We can't even get close to it!" Agil yelled.

I looked from the corner of my eye and notice Kirito ran off.

"K-Kirito!" I yelled while running after him. When I looked at him I notice him trying to save a guy. He stop the Skull Reapers hit, but I notice he was struggling. I quickly grab my swords and put them in front of Kirito's to help him fight it off.
"W-What are you doing y/n?" Kirito looked at me worried, "You're going to get hurt!"

"It's too strong!" I yelled at him. I looked up at the Skull reaper and notice he was swing is arm back.

"Oh no this isn't going to end pretty!" I yelled.
"What isn't?!" Kirito asked.

"K-Kirito!" I yelled while closing my eyes.

"If we block together, we can do this." a voice from behind me said. I looked to my side a noticed that Asuna's sword was right beside me. I grab Kirito and helped him get up from the ground.

"We can do this!" Asuna yelled.

"We'll deal with the sycthes! Everyone attack from the sides!" Kirito yelled.

I looked at the Skull reaper and notice his health bar move only a little.
"Snap out of it y/n!" Asuna yelled.
"Yeah, sorry!" I yelled while running straight to the Skull reaper.

"Kirito! Let's attack together!"
He nodded and ran towards me. I quickly put my swords on top of his and we the ran towards the monster.

"Kirito Now!"

"Right!"

~~~~~~

"Everyone attack!" Heathcliff yelled.

Congratulations!!

~~~~~~

"How many did we lose?" Klein asked. Kirito got his menu out and started to check.
"Fourteen died." Kirito whispered.

"No way." Agil whispered as well.
"We still have twenty-five floors." Klein sighed.
"Will we be able to reach the top?" Agil asked worried.

I looked at Kirito and notice he was just staring at Heathcliff. I looked at Heathcliff and notice he wasn't hurt, not even one single starch or mark. I looked back at Kirito a saw that he was picking up his sword.

"Kirito what's wrong?" I pulled on this coat.

But then he took off running towards Heathcliff. I followed right behind him.
"Kirito what are you doing!?" I looked at HeathCliff and notice that tag that was above him.

Immortal Object

"Y-Yui." I whispered to myself.

"Immortal Object? Wh-What's going on Commander?"Asuna asked.

"The game ensures that his HP will never fall into the yellow zone. Something has always bothered me, ever since I arrived here. Where does he hide when he is watches us and adjusts the world? But I'd forgotten a simple piece of psychology. Something any kid knows. There's nothing as boring as watching someone else play an RGP. Isn't that right Kayaba Akihiko?" Kirito asked.

"Would you be so kind as to tell me how you figured it out?" HeathCliff grinned.

"The first time I felt something was wrong was during the duel. In the last instant, you were far too fast." Kirito paused.

"I suspected as much. That was an unfortunate mistake. You over powered me to the point, that I needed to engage the system's over-assist mode. Yes, I am Kayaba Akihiko. And if I may add, i am the game's final boss, who would have awaited you at the top floor." Kayaba explained.

"That's pretty bad. The strongest player betrays us to become the last boss?" Kirito asked.

"Not a bad storyline, is it? I always thought that you would be the one to stand before me at the end. Dual-wielding is the skill given to the player with the fastest reaction time, who will then act out the part of the hero that challenges the Demon King, but your power exceeded my exportation's. Well these unexpected events are part of the fun of an MMORPG."

"Our loyalty and hope. How dare you? How dare you!" One of the Knights of the Blood Oath yelled while jumping in the air ready to slice Kayaba. I looked at Kayaba and notice he was doing something in this menu. The man then fell straight to the ground.

"Patalysis" I whispered.

"Kirito, y/n." Asuna whispered. I looked over and saw that she was paralyzed. I quickly looked around and notice everyone was paralyzed except me and Kirito. "What are you going to do? Kill us and cover it up?" Kirito asked.

"Of course not." He paused, "I wouldn't do anything unfair. Very well,then I shall wait for you on the top floor, within the Ruby Palace. I've put a lot of time into developing the Knights of the Blood Oath and the other front line players. So it's a shame I have to leave them partway. However I'm sure with your power, you'll reach me eventually. But first, Kirito I must reward you for deducing my identity. I shall give you or y/n a chance." Heathcliff said.

"A Chance?" Kirito and I said in unison.
"The chance to fight me one-on-one. Naturally, I'll deactivate my immortal status. Defeat me, and you beat the game.And all the players will be able to log out. How about it?" Kayaba asked.

"Kirito I'll do it!"I yelled at him.

"Don't insult me." I looked at Kirito confused.
"Let's finish this." Kirito said.

"Kirito what do you think your doing?" I asked him.
"I'm sorry, but I can't let you get hurt nor can I ran away."

"P-Promise me you won't die!" I grabbed him tightly and started hugging him.

"I Promise." Kirito whisper in my ear and then kissed my forehead. He then let go of me and started to walk to Heathcliff.

"Kirito, don't! Kirito!" Egil yelled.
"Egil, thanks for helping to support the swordsman class. I know you spent nearly all the money you made helping the player during the middle zone to level. Klein, I'm really sorry for leaving you behind that day."

"D-Damn it, Kirito! Don't apologize. Don't you dare apologize to me now! I won't forgive you, i won't forgive until you buy me a meal on the other side!" Klein yelled.

"Got it. See you on the other side." Kirito said while looking at me and smiled.

"I'm sorry, but I have a request." Kirito said.
"What is it?" Heathcliff asked.

"I don't on plan on losing, but if I die here, I want you to make sure that y/n can't kill herself, just for a little while." Kirito said.

"Kirito you promised!" I yelled at him. I quickly got up, but then a second later I fell to the ground.I quickly looked up at my HP and notice I've been paralyzed.

"K-Kirito, you promised!"  I screamed with my eyes filled with tears.

"You Promised!" I yelled over and over.

"Kirito!"

~~~~~

A/n sorry for the late update but hope you like it and stuff well that's all for this chapter byeeee

oh and also my computer is fix so i might be updating a little faster now......maybe!

2020: what's good.