Chapter 26

November 5, 2024 floor 22: Lake Outside Coral City
|Your Pov|

"It's so sunny outside, great day for fishing, right Kirito?"

"Sure, I guess I still haven't caught one single fish." Kirito explained while looking at the hook to see if he caught anything .

"With that attitude of course you aren't going to catch anything." I smiled at him.
"Yeah Yeah, You want me to smile for the fishes?"

"Maybe that might help." I laughed at him.

"Catch anything?"

I quickly turn around and saw an old man behind me. I quickly jumped on Kirito's back and started to squeeze him.

"I'm sorry for scaring you Miss." The old man laughed and then threw his hook into the lake.

H-How long has this old man been behind me!

"My name is Nishida. In the game I'm a fisherman. In Japan, I was head of a network security for a company called Toto High-speed Internet." Nishida explained.

"I'm Kirito and this is y/n, but anyways didn't Toto High-Speed internet-" Kirito was cut off by Nishida.

"Yes, I oversaw that the network security for this game. Uh-oh." The old man said while pulling this rod back. I quickly looked over that the water and saw something moving in the water.

"It's really big!" I yelled.

"This one is easy." Nishida said while pulling his rod back once again making the fish jump out the water and into his hand.
"Splendid, but there is one thing. I can catch these things, but I can't cook them. I'd love to stew them or make sashimi, but I don't have any soy sauce, or maybe baked with soy sauce. Or maybe with radishes and soy sauce." Nishida explained.

I looked at Kirito and smiled at him. He nodded his head like if he knew what I was thinking.

"We may be able to help you with that." I smiled at him. Its was quiet for a few seconds until Nishida turn his and and looked at me.

"What!?"

~~~~~~

"That was wonderful! I had no idea that you could get soy sauce in this world!" Nishida yelled.

"It's homemade. Take some with you, if you want."Asuna Said.
"Really!? Thats so kind of you." Nishida started to laugh.

"Your fishing skill must be very high. Kirito never brought anything home."Asuna laughed. I covered my mouth really quick to stop myself from laughing.

"Either has y/n."Asuna smiled and winked at me.

"The lakes around here are to hard!"Kirito explained.
"I agree with Kirito!"I yelled.

"No, that isn't true. The only difficult one is the big lake where you and y/n were fishing." Nishida explained.

"W-Why design it like that!?" Kirito asked.
"Yes, that's an excellent question! That lake contains an enormous fish." Nishida explained.

"An enormous fish!!"Asuna yelled.

"Yes, I've encountered it several times.But it's so huge, it drags my pole away altogether. And so, I'd like to make you an offer." Nishida smiled.

~~~~~~

"I don't mind fishing for that thing, but is switching possible with a fishing pole?"Kirito asked.