Chapter 23

| Your Pov |
November 1, 2024 Floor 1: Town of Beginnings

"This is, amazing." Kirito looked at the children eating.
"Yeah," I smiled, "it really is amazing."
"Is it like this everyday?" I asked while looking at all the children eating.
"Is Yui okay?"Asked a older women.
"She had a good night's rest and you can see it helped." Kirito smiled.

"Has this ever happen before?" The lady asked.
"To be honest, we aren't sure. When we found her, she was wandering in the forest on the 22nd floor. It seems like she has lost her memories. So we came to the Town of Beginnings." I explained to her, I then looked over at Yui and notice she was handing me her bread. I then took it and smiled at her.

"Hoping that someone from here might know something about her." I explained.
"Any ideas?" Kirito looked worried at the lady.

"I'm Sorry, but I don't think she's one of the kids from the Town of Beginnings. When the game started, most of the children suffered terrible psychological trauma. I wanted to do something, so i took them inside this church. Everyday i walk around the town to see if any one needs my help, but I've never seen anybody like her before."

"I see."

Someone began to knock on the door. We made our way to it and opened it.

"Hello, I am Yulier."
"Aren't you with the Army? Are you here to complain about yesterday?" I asked.
"Not at all. It's the reverse. Honestly, I wanted to thank you. I've come with a request for you two Today." She explained.

"A request?"

~~~~~

"We- No the guild leader, thinker , never wanted it to be dictatorial organization like it's become.We wanted to share information and food evenly among as many players as possible." Yulier explained.
"Ah, but the Army grew too large." Kirito said with a straight face.

"Yes, there were multiple internal power struggles, and a man named Kibaou ended up with a great deal of power. Kibaou and his faction have grown stronger, monopolizing all the best monster spawn points, and have even started extorting people for taxes. Many people were upset with his lack of interest in clearing the game, so he sent the highest level players, available to the front lines."

"Huh, Corvatz!?" I shouted.

"After that massacre, he's taken a lot of heat and we're close to dismissing him from the guild, but he is scared and desperate, so he set a trap for Thinker. Thinker has been stranded, deep in a dungeon."Yulier explained.
"Does he have a teleport crystal?" Kirito looked confused at her. She just shook her head no.
"Unarmed?" I looked at her even more confused.

"He was to trusting, he believed in Kibaou when he said he only wanted to talk unarmed. That was three days ago."
"Three days ago, what happen to him?" I asked.

"It's a very high-level dungeon. He's trapped there. As his second in command, this is my responsibility, but my level isn't high enough to reach him and Kibaou is using his influence to prevent the rest of the Army from helping. And then I heard that two incredibly high powered players had come here. So I'm asking for your help." Her eyes started to stare at the ground.

"Kirito, (y/n). Will you please come and save thinker with me? "She stood up while still looking at the ground. I looked at Kirito and smiled.

"I'd like to help, but first to have to verify that you're telling the truth."I told her.

"I undestand that I'm asking a lot! But when I think about him trapped in there, I feel like I'm losing my mind..."She grabbed her left hand with her right hand.

"It's okay, Mommy. She's telling the truth." Yuu tugged on my shirt.
"Y-Yui, you can tell?" I looked at her confused.
"Yes, but I can't explain why, but I know."She smiled.

"Ha, I'd rather trust and regret than doubt and regret, let's go. It'll work out promise." Kirito smiled.

"Alright, we'll do what we can." I smiled Yulier.
"Thank you." She smiled back.
"I know how it feels to want to save someone you care for." I stood up and patted her back.

"Stay here Yui." Kirito said while patting her head.
"No, I'm coming, too."Yui refused.
"Yui, stay here with me, okay?" The daycare lady asked.
"No!!" Yui began to get mad.

"So she's in a rebellious stage, huh?"Kirito laughed.

"Don't be silly!" I yelled at Kirito.
"Yui the place we're going is dangerous."I pat  the d her head as well.
"No I'm going too!" She yelled while grabbing Kirito's arm.

What am I going to do with her....

~~~~
I think i have to leave it there for know but sorry for the late update i had a project to finish it sooo yeah it took forever but I'm finish know but anyway I like to thank everyone who has been reading my books and stuff thank you!!!!!' byeeeee

2019 update: another one finally Christmas is coming up bois

Don't forget to follow, like, comment :)