t w e l v e

Jeno parked his car near Aerin's house and knocked on the door, waiting for someone to open

Jeno parked his car near Aerin's house and knocked on the door, waiting for someone to open. Luckily, her mom rushed to open the door, smiling at the handsome boy in front of her, "Hello, Mrs. Lee, my name's Jeno. I'm here for the project?", Jeno introduced himself, bowing respectfully.

"Oh right, come in.", Mrs. Lee said, smiling at him, "Aerin's room is upstairs, the third door on the right."

"Thank you.", Jeno said, removing his shoes.

"Can you tell her I'm going to visit some friends with her dad and we'll be back later?", Aerin's mom said, going back in the kitchen.

"Of course, Mrs.Lee.", Jeno said and bowed slightly one last time before making his way to Aerin's room. He knocked on the bedroom door and waited for a moment but no answer. He knocked again. No answer. He started wondering if he got the right door, he'd feel stupid if he just knocked and waited in front of an empty bathroom for the past five minutes. Jeno opened the door, enough to sneak his head in. The boy looked around the room and his eyes landed on an immobile body on a bed. He completely slipped into the room and walked closer to the sleeping mess.

"Aerin-ah.", he called, poking her cheek slightly.

Nothing.

"Wake up, Rin-ah.", he poked her cheek again.

Nothing.

He was going to do it again when the door opened, a guy entered the room, eyes fixated on his phone, "Yah los-", the guy's eyes narrowed at the figure in front of him, "Who are you?"

"I'm her friend, Jeno. I'm here to finish a project.", Jeno said, "Who are you?"

"I'm her brother, Mark."

"Do you know how to wake her up? I called her multiple times but she didn't even budge.", Jeno asked, pointing at Aerin, "I'm not even sure if she's still alive.", he said, tilting his head as he looked at her sleeping form.

"Let me handle this.", Mark said, putting his phone in his pocket and rolled up his sleeves. Jeno stood at the end of her bed and watched Mark work his magic.

Mark sighed, putting one hand on her mouth while the other one was pinching her nose. He was suffocating her basically. Some seconds went by and still nothing. Jeno was confused and from time to time he would opened his mouth and raised a finger but then nothing came out so he just put his hand on his chin, frowning.

Aerin suddenly sat up, gasping for air and startling Jeno, "Wha- Wher- Who-", she started, still trying to breathe normally again.

"You have a project to do.", Mark told her, pointing at Jeno.

Aerin's sleepy eyes looked at Jeno and then glared at her brother. She took her pillow and threw it at him, "I told you to not do that anymore! I could've die, you dumbass!"

"But you didn't.", he rolled his eyes, walking out of her room, "Remember, you promise to help me with my demo."

"Yeah, yeah.", she screamed for him to hear.

Aerin rubbed her eyes and looked at Jeno. She blinked a few times before saying, "Why are you here this early, it's-", she checked the phone on her phone, "-10 AM."

"You told me to come as soon as I woke up."

"Who wakes up this early on the weekend?", she asked, rhetorically, standing up and grabbing some clothes before going to the bathroom.

Jeno just removed his backpack from his shoulders and sat on her desk chair, waiting for her. Aerin came back a few minutes later in some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, "Let's start, shall we?"

 Aerin came back a few minutes later in some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, "Let's start, shall we?"

a/n: mark best brother ✊😔