f i f t y

"I think you should go and talk with your mom

"I think you should go and talk with your mom.", Aerin suggested as she sat down on his couch.

"I don't want to.", he crossed his arms like a four years old.

"Come on, it's been four days since we made up already and during those four days every time we ran into her was so awkward."

"I don't know what to tell her after what she tried to do. Shouldn't be upset too?", Jeno was indeed pretty surprised by your suggestion.

"She already apologized to me."

"What? When?", he asked, shocked and confused about when that happened.

"When you were too busy trying to find a way to sneak that stray cat in.", Aerin replied, pointing at the ball of fluff on his couch, "Jeno, she did it because she wanted what she thought was the best for you. Sure, it wasn't the best idea but at least you would've known the kind of person I was if I took that money."

"It's not only that...I-", Jeno paused for a moment and sighed, making Aerin all sort of confused, "I also had told her that I didn't want to take over their company, I told her what I wanted to do.", he finished, face buried in his hands.

"Jeno, that's great!"

"No, it's not! Since I was a kid, my parents have always wanted me to take over once they step down. Me telling her this, I'm sure they're already planning on disowning me."

"I am sure they are not or you wouldn't be here right now.", Aerin put her hands on both sides of his head, making him look at her, "Trust me okay. They are your parents. Your mom was ready to give away a shit ton of money because she thought you'd be happier. Talk to her, alright?"

"Can you come with me? Just until we reach her office."

"Fine."

The two teenagers came downstairs hand in hand, walking towards his mom's office. Jeno hesitated before knocking on the door, looking back at Aerin who gave him an encouraging smile and a thumbs up.

"Come in!", a voice shouted from the other side of the door.

"Mom, can we talk?"

The mother's eyes immediately looked up at the voice of her son, "Of course, Jeno."

The boy sensed Aerin's hand slipping away from his and quickly turned around grabbing her hand again. Aerin turned back to look at him and gave him a smile before saying, "I'll be in your room, don't worry.", she brought his hand to her lips and gave it a quick kiss before letting go and walking away.

The scene didn't go unnoticed by Jeno's mom who was proven again that she was wrong about the girl.

When Jeno came back into his room, Aerin had a little trouble figuring out what his expression meant

"How did it go?", she asked him, pausing the episode of phineas and ferb she was watching.

"Pretty...good?", Jeno managed to say, not believing it himself.

"What do you mean?!!! What did you say? What did she say? Is everything alright now? Did she disowned you? Do I need to find another sugar daddy??"

"Wait what?", he asked, snapping out of his daydream.

"Of course, you only heard the last part.", Aerin rolled her eyes and then put her hands on his shoulders, shaking him, "Tell me what happened!!"

"Okay, okay. She apologized for what she did, we talked about my future and what I told her. She said that her and my father would support me in anything that I do and every single one of my choices.", Jeno said the last part while looking at Aerin right in the eyes and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Well I'm glad everything went well.", Aerin said with a soft smile.

"There's still one thing that I have to do though."

"Did we forget to turn off the oven again?", Aerin's eyes widened as she quickly removed Jeno's hands from her and walked towards his door.

The boy rolled his eyes while grabbing her hand and bringing her back to him. He put his arms around her waist again and said, "No, it's not that."

Aerin obviously relaxed at his words and wrapped her arms loosely around his neck, "So what is it?"

"Will you...be my girlfriend?", the girl didn't know why the question surprised her so much, I mean it was obvious that they were basically dating, "Okay, what's that expression? Yes? No? It's so cheesy that you want to spit on me?"

Aerin chuckled at his questions and said, "Mmmh I don't know. I'll tell you later.", she loved teasing him and the look on Jeno's face right now was just priceless.

"What do you mean later?? Tell me now!!!", he started to whine and she knew that he would not stop until he got an answer so she grabbed his face, shushing him a kiss.

Jeno shut up as Aerin wanted and closed his eyes, kissing her back. His arms encircling her tighter as he brought her body closer to his. They pulled away for air, forehead pressing against the other's, eyes still closed, "That's a yes, right?"

a/n: this is the last chapter 🥺 i'm feeling emotional 😭 i know there's still an epilogue but like it's the end 🥺🥺🥺i know this last chapter could've been a lot better but i suck at writing endings soooo