t w e n t y o n e

Donghyuck woke up that Saturday morning really tired and lazy

Donghyuck woke up that Saturday morning really tired and lazy. He was supposed to go to Aerin's house but decided to text her and tell her to come to his house instead.

Aerin rolled her eyes at Donghyuck's text and her and her brother got into the car and drove to the address Donghyuck texted her.

"Wooah, look! This house looks like the one in the drama we watched yesterday!", Mark exclaimed as his eyes widened looking at the houses in Donghyuck's neighborhood as he drove, all excited like a five years old.

Mark stopped at Donghyuck's gates as Aerin got out to push the intercom's button, she said her name and the gates slid open. Aerin got back to the passenger seat and Mark drove into the property. Donghyuck's house was much different from Jeno's but still fancy with that big ass fountain that her brother had to drive around. Mark stopped the car in front of the house and someone came to open the door for them. Mark and you gave each other a look like 'a valet driver?'

One of the maids accompanied the two of them in the house and downstairs. the vibe was darker, there was no window since they were basically in the basement level. the maid stopped in front of a door, bowed, and left them. Aerin knocked on the door before opening it slowly. Music could be heard as they opened the door and their eyes widened at what was in front of them. Donghyuck was calmly scrolling through his instagram feed and listening to music while sitting in...."You have a whole ass studio in your house?", Aerin asked, rhetorically.

"Dude, that's so cool.", Mark said, eyes wandering to the equipment.

"Yeah, I arranged that myself a few months ago.", Donghyuck proudly said.

The three of them then started to discuss about the multiple songs that could suit Donghyuck's and Aerin's voice, even doing some tryouts. Donghyuck's studio was really well equipped and Mark was filling like a fish in a luxurious aquarium.  

"Jeno and Renjun ask if they can come by to hang out.", Donghyuck said after reading his texts.

"Sure, tell them to bring snack though or they're not coming in.", Aerin said.

"You know that's my house right?", Donghyuck asked, chuckling.

"Yeah, I didn't say they couldn't come into your house, they just won't be able to come into this room. They can still hang out in front of the door though.", Aerin answered playfully, "Oh by the way why didn't you sign up for the contest the previous years?"

"Mmmh, I guess I was never really confident in my voice.", Donghyuck simply answered, sipping on his Caprisun.

"You? Not being confident in something? That's new.", Aerin said, chuckling at the unusual idea of an unconfident Donghyuck.

"I know right?", he replied with a chuckle.

"You can be confident in your voice, trust me. It's really special with the most unique tone I've ever heard.", Mark said, making his sister raise an eyebrow at him.

"Dang, you never complimented me like that.", Aerin said with a hand on her heart in a fake hurt tone.

By the time Renjun and Jeno arrived Aerin and Donghyuck were back in the recording booth, this time for one of Mark's demo. The two boys quietly sat on the studio's couch, enjoying the snacks they bought while listening to their friends' voice.

"You two actually have a chance to win. Who could've thought?", Renjun playfully said.

"Careful, Huang or you're going to catch those hands- oh, snacks!", Aerin got distracted by the snacks on the little table in front of the couch which made everyone laugh, "Who bought this?", she asked, holding up her favorite snack. Jeno raised his hand and Aerin pointed at him with a smile, "You're the best."

"Did you find the song you're going to sing for the contest yet?", Renjun asked, munching on his bag of chips.

"Actually, yes.", Donghyuck said with a smile.

a/n: this one is just a little filler/boring chapter, the next one is the interesting one 😏