Chapter 5

(Y/N)'s POV

(Times skip, after school)

"Ne, ne, Kiyoko-San, how does it feel like to be a manager?" I asked with curiosity when we are packing up in class.

"Well, it's just taking notes, and watching them play."

"Now I kind of...want to apply to be a manager..." I muffled as I walked out of the classroom along Kiyoko.

"That would be great! I happen to have an extra jacket. I would REALLY appreciate your help!" Kiyoko jumped up slightly in joy in the hallway. Thats rare.

"Do we have to change? Or, er um...?" I asked.

"Yea, I just changed into sweatpants and a shirt." She said opening the girls locker room.

"Ohh, and then wear the jacket?" I said when I finished changing.

"Yup! You know, I'm kind of glad that you're applying to become manager." Kiyoko said heading towards the club room.

"How so?"

"(L/N)-San! You're back!" Nishinoya called out grabbing everyone's attention.

"(L/N)-SENPAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!" Hinata yelled and crashed into me.

"A-Ah, hi...!" I said and ran up to Suga and grabbed his arm. "Suga-San, Suga-San, Suga-San...! Kiyoko said I could join as manager!"

"Th-That's great...! You can drop the 'san' if you want."

"Are you sure you aren't in a relationship with
(L/N)-San, Suga-San...?" Tanaka asked.

"N-No..." Suga blushed and scratched the back of his neck with his free hand. I let go of his arm and sat down next to Kiyoko on the bench blushing. Suddenly, Kiyoko stood up and said, "(F/N)-San would like to apply as manager."

"That's great! Please get along with her." Daichi motioned Kiyoko to get the jacket. Kiyoko gave me my jacket and I wore it.

"Welcome to the team" Everyone said in unison.

"P-Please take care of me...! Oh and u-um...you can call me (F/N)..." I said looking away.

"Now back to practice!" Daichi yelled.

"What do I do?" I asked Kiyoko. She gave me a couple of water bottles. "Can you have me fill these?"

"Y-Yea..!" I dashed to fill the water bottles.

"Ne, Suga-San, (F/N)-San really is cute...!" Tanaka whispered. "You better hurry up, or else she will be taken."

"Tanaka?!"

"Yes, I'm called Tanaka and you better watch out. I've heard rumors that some people had asked her out already...! I'm not sure though..."

"Everyone! We have a coach!" Takeda-Sensei slammed the door opened. "We have a coach!" There was a guy with bleached hair behind him that smelled like cigarettes.

"Are you the guy from the store?!" Tanaka questioned.

"Ah, his grandfather is actually coach Ukai." Takeda stated. Ukai?!

"HAHHHH?!" Everyone said in surprise.

"Tch, they aren't coming...anyways, form into teams everyone! We're having a practice match. I will coach you until the practice match with Nekoma ends." Coach Ukai stated.

Suddenly, four pairs of feet stepped inside the gym. They looked like middle aged men.

"This is the local volleyball team. You will play a match with them." Coach Ukai walked to Nishinoya. "I need you to play as the Libero on the local team."