Chapter 9

(Y/N)'s POV

"Yo! Suga-San, (L/N)-San!" Yamaguchi's head popped from the corner of the door. My eyes widened in surprise and looked at the door. Another head popped out.

"Suga-San. (L/N)-San." Kageyama said. Then a certain tangerine head popped out.

"I thought you two weren't coming!" Hinata said.

"Get a room." Tsukishima said popping his head out as well.

"Get...a room?" Hinata looking up at Tsukishima.

I let go of Koushi and gently smack Tsukishima on the head. "Don't go giving him ideas, he's too innocent."

"What's that point of letting them stay outside while you open a crack of the door to talk to them?" I heard Daichi say from the inside. Hinata slid the door open and we walked inside.

"We're doing drills now, Shimizu, hand me the balls. To make things quicker, (L/N), spike. EVERYONE, FORM INTO 2 LINES!" Coach Ukai yelled getting on a ladder.

"I'll get another ladder for you, wait."

"Matte, sensei, I would like to spike."

"Spike?"

"Yes, spike. It's more fun that way!" I beamed. At the corner of my eyes, I saw half of the team smile and blush like idiots. Especially Koushi. Not that I wanted him to.

"Okay then..." Coach Ukai mumbled. "Strange child..."Coach Ukai looked at me with concern, but I just laughed.

"Sugawara, toss for (L/N). You seem to know her more than Kageyama." Coach Ukai looked at Koushi, then at Kageyama who felt challenged.

"Hai." Koushi came over to the other side of the net.

"Everyone, get ready." Kiyoko said giving Koushi and Coach a ball.

First was Asahi. Straight? No. Cut? No...Aha...

"Soft toss, Koushi." I requested giving him a peace sign.

"O-Okay..." Koushi said flustered.

He tossed the ball softly and slowly and I touched it. Feints. Dumps. Cuts. Those are my favorites. Playing games with their minds. Not using your full power.

Asahi did not expect that and had to go to the front. He received it anyways.

"Wahh! Nice one! Nice receive, Asahi! Nice toss, Koushi!" I said getting another ball.

(Time skip)

"We will be taking the bus to the training camp, or do you wanna run there?" Coach Ukai asked lighting a cigarette.

"Run-?" Tsukishima questioned, raising an eyebrow. I fell into laughter because of his expression and the mountain of balls I was carrying is now bouncing on my head making me kneel.

"(F/N)?!" Koushi walked over and picked a ball up that revealed my face. I stared stupidly at Koushi and he just laughed.

"How did you get yourself into this." Koushi tried his best not to continue laughing.

"It's not easy to carry a mountain of ballsssssss!" I whined looking back down.

"Okay, okay..." Koushi said, picking up a ball while hiding his blush.

I picked the balls up with Koushi's help and cleaned everything up alongside Kiyoko.

"I'm so exhausted..." I forced my legs to walk to the entrance.

Suddenly, a random guy walked over. Have I seen him before? He's wearing the Karasuno uniform so I guess he's not weird or anything...

"Hey, sweetie, I heard you're the manager of the volleyball club." They guy said smugly. He looks drunk.