5

Luke POV: 

We finished cleaning up the affected area and the fire. A lot structural damage but the other unit was going to take over cleaning as my unit was called to help out the hospital with triage since my unit had everyone trained in a higher medical standard, we were able to go help with triaging and smaller tagging. 

"81 Let's pack it up. We're helping King Medical with triage" 

Everyone got to work in packing up their tools. I kept coughing sporadically here and there with some burning in my throat, but I was breathing fine so I didn't pay attention to it. It's just a minor smoke inhalation, I knew that much but it's not something that I need to be worrying about right now. 

"Lieutenant we're all set. Are we stopping by firehouse first or straight to King?" Hernandez said as he started the firetruck, the rest of the team  getting on the truck and buckling up setting on drinking water and getting some rest in between.

"We're going straight to King Gen." I took my gloves off and turned to look at the rest of the team. 

"I'm well aware we are passing the 24 hour mark of our shift. I know you're exhausted and you guys were great during the call. We'll do our best at King's helping diminish some of the tags and i'll call you off as soon as I see improvement and can let some of you go. If I can take most of them you guys know I'll let you go. Let's get there, see what they need help with and evaluate. This is the job. We all knew this as soon as this call was categorized as high black level."

I got assertive vocal acknowledgement from them. I nodded towards Hernandez and we made our way to the hospital. 

Kevin POV: 

The bitch has been in surgery for 3 hours now. I keep getting calls from boss asking if the job is done. I can't barge in and shoot everyone. There's cameras everywhere. I wouldn't get passed the security getting out. Too much attention. 

My phone was ringing again.

I answered the ringing piece of technology. 

"what"

"Is it done?"

"She's still in surgery. I can't just barge in there, too much attention and too many casualties we don't have to deal with. I got a doctor here believing I'm the bitch's father. When she's out he'll let me know and I'll go in and kill her. she won't walk out." 

"Get out. You're done"

"No." I stood up.

"This isn't up for discussion. Get out before I send someone to get you instead."

I saw the blonde doctor walk out of the hallway he took me out of. 

"Look I'm getting it done. Stop fucking calling."

"Doctor, please my daughter--" I ran up to him faking to be desperate and worried.

"Kevin, great news. The surgeons just finished her surgeries. She is alive and well. There were a few complications but she pulled through. They are sending her up to a room right now, but as soon as I can get you up there I'll take you." He held my shoulder as to calm me down.

"Oh goodness -- Thank-- thank you so much --" I faked a sobbing noise and hid my face with my hands.

"Hey she's alright Kevin. Give me a couple of minutes and when she's all settled in i'll take you in" 

He led me to a chair and walked away. 

20 minutes later

"Kevin, she's ready. Let me go ahead and take you up."