38

**TRIGGER WARNING!!**

LANDON POV

I'm walking home from work excited to see Claire. I don't know where things are going or how serious they are but I'm happy and so is she.

My phone pings and I look at Claires name pop up instantly making me smile and skip a beat in my heart.

Hey, you almost home? :)

Hi bear, be there in 5! ;)

I put my phone away and walk faster, excited to see her and talk about her day.

As I close into the house, I see a black SUV I've never seen before parked in our driveway. I turn into our gate and see the door wide open and hear Claire screaming. 

I drop everything and run inside seeing bodies on the floor and hear Claire screaming.

"CLAIRE!!" I run up the stairs running into her room and see a man on top of her naked body taking advantage of her.

"HEY!! GET OFF HER ASSHOLE!" 

I push the man with all the strength I have and barely register Claire yelling my name.

I start to kick the man as hard as I could "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"

I see a handgun on the floor picking it up, aiming it at the man and shoot him in the dick. 

He reels in pain screaming and I kick him in the head again making lose consciousness.

I run to Claire who is gasping in the corner, sitting with her knees up trying to cover herself

"..no.. no. ple - please, get awa- away" she says as she tries to get further away but the wall blocks her. 

"shhh... Claire, it's Landon, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." I see a blanket under her pillow and grab it, slowly opening it and cautiously laying it on top of her body.

"Claire, are you okay? What hurts? Where did he hurt you?"

no response other than the gasps and empty stare.

"Claire, I'm going to call the police and Sophia, but I'm right here, nothing is going to happen to you I promise"

I grab my phone from the floor and dial 911, as I sit down a little distance from her but let my shoe slowly touch leg to let her know I'm here for when she's ready. 

LUKE POV

"Hernandez, get that electric wire under control"

"yes, Lieutenant!" 

I run towards Calum getting off the rig before it comes to a complete stop.

I look at the scene in front of me and my heart hurts and I panic a little but I ignore it as I know how to and get down to business.

I reach down to my radio as I run to Calum, "Archer get paramedics ready for extraction, Castle get the jaws, Richardson get the foam, don't let those sparks make contact with anything flammable while we get the victim out!" 

"Calum! Ana!"

"Luke! Her pulse is slowing, slowing down and and I can't get her to react"

"Okay, we're getting her out of here, I promise. Are you okay? were you in the car with her?" I slowly start to push him away as the paramedics start to stabilize her from the window, putting on a C collar on her and evaluating everything else.

"No, Ana!" He tries to go back to the car but I hold him slightly harder to prevent him and signal one of the police officers to help me with him.

"Calum, I need you to calm down and look at me" I push him with me

"NO I NEED - " 

"Calum NO. You can't go back right now, you have to let my team get her out. You can ride in the ambulance with her!" 

"Luke, I, I can't lose her, I can't, Luke prom- promise me"

The officer grabs his arm and holds him tighter pulling a hysterical Calum away from me to the other ambulance to check him out.

"Lieutenant!" I hear Richardson yelling through my radio "Car is on fire!"

I run back to Ana's car hearing a fading Calum screaming Ana and I's name and have to hold in a gasp and reaction as I see how hurt Ana is. 

"She's stable for transport sir"

I nod, climbing in through the back window, and try to break the driver seat lever so we can get her out.

"Richardson get that fire under control!"

I hear the clank from the seat and it instantly falls back loosely, letting me bring her seat down towards the back. 

"I need a backboard!" I carefully keep her IV stable on her arm and slowly push the backboard through her limp body. 

"Are her legs free yet?" I ask as I secure her on the board.

"They're free" I hear back

"Alright push in 3! 1... 2... PUSH!" We push her out onto the stretcher as I roll out of the window as the fire slowly creeps inside the vehicle.

"81, get that fire under control!" I yell out as I run to the ambulance with Ana, spotting Calum standing next to the stretcher and paramedics with his arms over his head covering his eyes.

"Calum, how's -" I'm interrupted by the chaos of noise and medical jargon. I stand next to Calum and put my hand on his shoulder, grasping it firmly, holding my breath.

"Clear! 200!"

zap.

"no pulse, clear! 300!"

zap.