15

Happy Birthday @lovelydarling_x !!!  <3 ily and thanks for reading my story! :D 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashton POV:

"okay, I'm starting to close abdomen" I said looking at Calum and Michael. 

"I have too much damage and bone shard-age" Michael said stressed. 

"Michael --" I said feeling my heart doom into my body.

"I'm doing my best to save his leg." he looked up shaking his head at Calum and me.  "I know.  But I don't have much else to do. I need more time to reconstruct it.I'm doing my best so I don't have to amputate." he said staring at me, sweat pooling at his brow and his face red and his eyes full of worry. 

I stared at him. I nodded my head. "i know you are." i said as i stared into his eyes. "I know you are  Mikey."

He nodded and got back to work. 

"Let's get more O neg hung so Dr. Clifford can finish up calmly" I said looking to a nurse. 

"Yes Doctor, right away" a nurse said as he ran out of the room. 

"Calum?" I said as I finish stitching up the lung.

"I've got some light bleeding i'm trying to control. Got rid of the clots causing arrhythmia"  He said as he looked up at me, equally as stressed. 

I nodded, as I cut the stitch off his lung.

"Moving on to blunt trauma on abdomen" I said as I looked for approval from our anesthesiologist. 

"He's still under. Safe to proceed." Dr. Arnak; the anesthesiologist said nodding to me. 

Calum POV: 

After our progress check, we all just kept working on our section. It had been about 3 hours already. We were working slowly but making some slow progress.

 Michael was doing everything possible to save Luke's leg, his bone had been shattered in multiple places due to some fragmental bursts, Ashton was taking out and reconstructing his abdominal structure since glass  had made it into his abdomen and encrusted deeper when he fell on the ground. Ashton was able to re-inflate his lung and placed Luke on a breathing machine to help minimize the stress Luke's body would be in so it heals faster. 

I was able to fix his arrhythmia and take out the clots from his heart. His heart was still beating a little slow but it was weak, and it's understandable for it to be. I finished stitching up a valve when -- 

"shit"

I turn to look at Ashton who is visibly stressed. I stop what I'm doing. 

"What?" I ask as Michael looks up as well stopping what he's doing. 

"clamps -- i need more gauze" he rapidly switched his stance, and reached for more equipment. 

"arterial bleed" one of his assistants said.

"Yeah, I see it." Ashton said stressed, "hand me a compression gauze" he moved his hand and the blood gushed out of the little hole. 

"clamps--"

Hands were going in and out and moving and rushing to clog up the bleeding when a machine started to beep rapidly. 

"ASHTON--" I heard Michael say. 

"I need suction --" 

I look up to the machine and i look at his heart. 

"ASHTON HE'S--" I say as it dawns on me what's happening.