{18}

Chapter 18 - Szygy

Chapter 18 - Szygy

The alignment of celestial bodies such as the moon

"I arranged to meet with the two of you because I don't want what happened to get in the way of Dawon forming a true relationship with you." I said sternly as me, Taehyung and Namjoon sat in the corner of an empty coffee shop. The atmosphere had been tense and awkward before I chose to spoke seeing as neither of them seemed to be capable of mustering up some courage to face me and apologise.

For a moment, both of them just stared at me in shock. Weirdly, they were both expressing the same facial expressions, mouth slightly hanging open and their eyebrows so far upwards that they almost touched their hairlines. To hopefully get them talking, I moved my hand in a way that gestured for them to begin.

"I-I don't know what to say." Taehyung was the first to speak. The younger boy looked as if he would rather be anywhere else than there in that moment and I didn't blame him. Namjoon's cheeks were blushing a bright red as he looked down at his intertwined hands that were laid out on the table before him. In all honesty, if it weren't for the fact that Namjoon were Dawon's father I would never have wanted to speak to him again. In my eyes, this mess was his fault.

"Fuck. I should've never said any of that stuff I said to you that day, i'm a fucking asshole." Namjoon sighed. "It was all bullshit and if i'm being honest, I only said it because I was panicking and wanted to take Taehyung's attention and pin it on you. God, I felt so shit afterwards that my heart literally skipped a beat. I can only hope that you can forgive me one day and look past everything i've done. I'm so thankful that you're willing to still let me be in Dawon's life. That can't have been an easy decision to make, i'm sure."

"That it was." I agreed, looking at him and trying not to show any weakness.

"And, i'm sorry too Dawon. Not just for that scene the other day but for what I did to you. I can't even begin to imagine how horrible it must've felt to know that...well...your boyfriend was seeing someone else behind your back. It was a terrible thing to go and I wish I'd have done things differently." Taehyung stammered, now managing to make eye contact with me. I nodded in acknowledgment of his words as I was glad that he knew that what he had done was wrong and had the courage to apologise to me in a way that didn't leave gaps for uncertainty.

"I forgive you, both of you, but I'll never forget what happened between the three of us. After this I hope that we will be able to put everything behind us and move forwards towards a good friendship." I told them, watching as their tense shoulders visibly relaxed in relief and small smiles spread across their faces. Sometime when we had been talking, Taehyung and Namjoon had intertwined they fingers under the table thinking that I wouldn't notice but honestly, it didn't bother me at all.

"I just have one question." Namjoon piped up after it had become silent between us.

"Go ahead, i'll answer anything at this point so that everything is out on the table."

"D-Do you think I- we could start having Dawon every other weekend? If not then it's fine of course, whatever you're comfortable with."

"Joonie! I thought we agreed to wait before we asked? We literally just patched things up, why did you think this was a good time!" Taehyung squeaked, eyes wide as he looked at Namjoon who looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

"I-I suppose that it wouldn't hurt. Just as long as you send me a text every so often to let me know how she is then I don't see a problem with it." I replied shakily, hands clenched in my lap as I urged myself to keep calm. It took a lot for me to allow them such rights over Dawon but I saw it as giving my daughter the time she needed to get to form a bond with Namjoon.

Both men eagerly nodded, Taehyung grasping both of Namjoon's hands in his own and squeezing out of excitement. It was nice to see how happy they were to be with Dawon, that this wasn't just a notion to rub it in my face that they were together and happy.

"Well, that's all I really wanted to see you guys for...I'd better get going." I announced quietly, beginning to gather my things before standing up. They both nodded and waved at me as I began to leave which I politely returned.

As soon as I was out of the coffee shop I took a deep breath and allowed my lungs to take in as much oxygen as possible. For some reason, a pit of emptiness had began to form in my chest, one that made it harder to breathe and consumed me from the inside to the out. I couldn't help but allow a few tears to escape my eyes and roll down my cheeks as I walked down the street, even though I made now effort to wipe them away. There seemed to be this cloud of numbness following me around, making me unaware of my surroundings or how I was really feeling. I should've made more effort to understand it while I still had the chance.