PACT|TWENTY THREE

🧚🏻‍♀️

"DONT PISS OFF THE FAIRIES!"

mackenzie was getting used to having emily's daughter in the class and seeing emily at pta meetings, bake sales, all that stuff. did she like it? no. but she had to deal with it. especially since she lost her baby recently, she hadn't felt herself. "mommy, can allison come over for a play date?" mackenzie put down the bento lunch boxes, "please?"

"when? maybe we can ask her mommy?" mackenzie kept a happy face.

"yay!" but then ivana looked at the wall for a second, "maybe the park? my rooms dirty."

"maybe you could clean it." mackenzie suggested, "now, i will call allison's mommy. maybe invite ms. samantha and lucy?" ivana nodded, "ok, i'll call all of them to see if they can come for lunch."

mackenzie packed the picnic. packing more than enough for everyone. many vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy free options. "mommy let's go!" ivana cheered, struggling to put on her shoes.

mackenzie smiled, bending down to help her. "come on jordan!" jordan ran downstairs, holding his jacket. "honey, why do you need a jacket? it's warm outside."

"i don't like puddles on the sides." jordan explained.

"you're not ruining that jacket grandma mer got you. not another jacket." mackenzie groaned, then jordan ran back upstairs, putting his jacket away. "ok, ms. samantha said everyone's coming. let's get you guys in the car." mackenzie grabbed the extremely large picnic basket and her purse, then went to their garage.

"hey!" samantha said, as mackenzie walked towards her and samantha's kids with her kids as well. "oh my, you brought the blanket."

mackenzie took out the classic red and white picnic blanket, "of course." she spread it out, jordan helping with the sides. "thank you baby."

"allison!" ivana cheered, running up to the other girl. allison has strikingly long blonde hair, like her mom's. her eyes were a dark green of course, just like her dad. and her two siblings she has no clue about.

emily looked shyly up, at mackenzie. "hey, i um brought lemonade." emily said, holding up a pitcher.

"how wonderful," samantha said, placing the pitcher down, "claire should be here soon. i'll be right back."

"how about you kids go run along, we will call you for lunch." mackenzie said, then the kids ran straight to the playground.

"thanks for inviting us-"

"i did it for my ivana." mackenzie said, turning her back towards emily and going to the picnic. "no matter what i want her to be happy."

emily sighed, kneeling down across from where mackenzie sat. "i get that. i was hesitant to come too."

"why are you here?" mackenzie asked blatantly.

"you inv-"

"no, here. where i live. where my kids go to school." mackenzie shook her head-she couldn't think of a reason they'd come to the exact place.

"johnny travels all over the world to take pictures. i get lonely. me and annie haven't spoken since allison turned one and— well my grandparents live here along with lots of family."

"how could you be lonely? you have like 56 brothers."

emily scoffed, letting out a chuckle, "moving also got me out of babysitting them too."

"why my kids' school?"

"me and johnny researched the best schools here. we lived in the zip code and well it was luck i guess. plus johnny's oldest sister is friends with one of the teachers here. told us there was an opening." emily explained, then the awkward silence filled as mackenzie thought.

"ok, claire is coming. her husband was caught with his secretary, again, so she did her usual." samantha said, coming back. mackenzie laughed.

"what's her usual?" emily asked.

mackenzie and samantha looked at each other, "pours glitter in his car, keys it everywhere, stabs its tires, then smashes his windows."

"woah, she seems so, nice." emily gasped.

"it's the third time this year. last time was two weeks ago. he keeps buying new cars." samantha said, showing emily the car from last time. a BMW ruined.

"are those?-"

"yeah, sex toys. how did she get 700 pink dicks in a day?" samantha wondered.

"how'd she pay for that is the real question." mackenzie laughed. "remember last year, shit that was good."

"what was it?" emily asked, intrigued.

"she filled his car up with juuls, so many. since that time he was caught cheating on her with a high school student." samantha said, showing emily another picture.

"how the fuck- are they like president or something?" emily exclaimed.

"close, her husband likes drugs." mackenzie said, taking out a juice box, "plus she's rich from daddy's money." mackenzie said, then stood up, "kids! lunch time!"

the kids ran to their moms, sitting down. "wow this looks amazing." samantha complimented, at how nicely mackenzie packed her picnic food.

claire came, with her daughter, then they all ate and played together.

"mommy, can allison come over for dinner? i wanna show her my new doll house!" ivana asked.

"mommy can i?" allison asked emily, pouting her lips.

"if ms. mackenzie says it's ok." emily said.

"yes, that's fine." mackenzie said, wishing her daughter wasn't friends with allison. why? are you kidding me? "let's go."