PACT|THIRTY SEVEN

♑️

"CAPRICORN; THE PERSON WHO WILL BE REAL WITH YOU AND SNAP YOU BACK INTO REALITY!"

mackenzie got out of the shower. her whole bathroom was steamy. she grabbed her towel and dried herself, wrapping it around her afterwards. "hey." hayden said, coming into the bathroom, startling kenzie a bit. he sat at the edge of the bathtub.

"hayden, you couldn't have waited till i'm clothed? or at least have my underwear on." kenzie said, rolling her eyes as she sat on her chair.

"i need help with a gift for annie." hayden said, handing kenzie his phone.

kenzie swiped through the photos, "oh god no-"

"what's so bad?" hayden asked, looking at the options he showed kenzie.

"a gift card to outback- it's your 1 year anniversary since you've been dating!" she scolded him, slapping his arm.

"well come with me tomorrow and help me. please." hayden begged, wrapping his arms around her chest, embracing her.

"fine!" kenzie gave in.

"thank you." he kissed her forehead and ran out, leaving kenzie laughing.

"how's this one?" the jeweler asked, taking out a diamond bracelet. "it's a bit out of budge-"

"kenzie, all of this is out of budget. we have bills to pay. taxes! i'm not spending $5,000 on a bracelet." hayden argued as jenzie admired the bracelet.

"fine. want to go to walmart and get your outback gift card?" the jeweler cringed at kenzie's reply, "fine." she turned to the jeweler, "under $4,000 please." hayden looked at her, "3?" hayden shook his head, "fine, under $2,000."

"we have this pair of earrings. one of a kind." kenzie gasped at the earrings. it was beautiful. "2,500."

hayden thought about it, "she's going to love it." kenzie said, nudging him to buy it.

"fine." hayden agreed, taking out his wallet, "do you take checks?"

afterwards they got ice cream, hurriedly eating them before going back home. "we're home!" mackenzie announced, as she and hayden went inside from the garage.

"mommy! daddy!" the twins ran, then annie walked in with alexander on her hip.

"hi my loves." the twins hugged them.

hayden kissed annie, then took alexander from her hip, "hi big boy!" hayden threw him up in the air, catching him again—earning a laugh from him in return.

"how was shopping?" annie asked as the kids ran to the play room.

"good." kenzie and hayden replied, then hayden handed kenzie the small black bag—intriguing annie as kenzie went into her room to hide it.

"oooh? what'd you get me?" annie asked, holding his hands.

"you'll find out tomorrow at dinner."  hayden kissed the top of her hands and walked into his room.

"you're lucky you have free childcare!" johnny said as hayden walked away.

"thank you!" hayden yelled from his room.

annie chuckled, then went to the play room to see the kids. she picked up her daughter lola and held her in her lap as she watched the kids play.

after dinner they all bathed the kids and snuggled up on the couch with tons of blankets and pillows. "movie night!" johnny chuckled as he came from the kitchen with the snack cart. they bought a ikea cart and put snacks on it for movie nights. it had the popcorn and some natural candies and a apple juice tap hayden installed.

"pass me some gummies." hayden asked mackenzie, who was sitting closest to the cart.

mackenzie handed out the snacks, the kids fighting over the gummies. halfway through the movie the doorbell rang. "who's that?" ivana asked the adults.

"is it allison?" jordan asked, stuffing his face with popcorn.

"she's not coming until tomorrow right?" annie asked, reading the calendar.

"yeah." johnny replied, then opened the door. there stood a drenched blonde. one he divorced a while ago. "emily."