PACT|THIRTY SIX

♓️

"PISCES; CAN LOVE WITH AN OPEN HEART BUT CAN SHUT DOWN QUICKLY DUE TO UNRESPONSIVE BODY LANGUAGE!"

mackenzie placed alexander into his crib, seeing how grown he is now. "happy birthday baby, when you wake up tomorrow there's gonna be a big party for you." mackenzie kissed his forehead goodbye and then left his room.

"hey, he asleep?" hayden asked, coming from his room.

"yeah, where's annie?" mackenzie asked, as they both started going downstairs.

"in our room." annie had been going to their house every other week and has practically moved  in. hayden has his own room. all of them were still living with each other and it was working amazingly. "

"hey." annie greeted as she walked from hers and hayden's room, "what's the plan for tomorrow?"

mackenzie went to their large calendar for the month, "well," she found tomorrow's date, "johnny will pick up the twins before the party, annie's got the grocery's run, hayden has dinner, and i have the day care pick up for the babies and decorating."

"who's got breakfast?" hayden asked.

mackenzie checked the calendar again, "the twins will make their own and for the babies the purée is in the fridge."

"who's got the cake?" johnny asked, coming from the garage.

"annie, when she goes to the store." mackenzie explained.

"so you're taking care of all the decorations?" hayden asked, looking in the fridge.

"yes, plus maddie and my mom are coming to help." mackenzie explained, "who put the twins asleep?"

"i thought you did." annie said.

"what? no i didn't. today was mine turn for alexander." mackenzie explained, "any of you guys?"

"we thought you did." they all groaned, running to find the twins.

mackenzie checked in the backyard, where she found a bush giggling. "hmm? i wonder where my babies are." mackenzie mocked, heading more giggling. she pushed the bush leaves aside, "found you!" they all burst out laughing, "come on. time for bed."

hayden put them to bed, joining the rest of the adults downstairs for some wine and beer. "hey, what we watchin?" hayden asked, jumping into the couch next to annie, taking the popcorn bowl from the coffee table.

"shameless." johnny said, pressing play.

"babe, can you get me a coke?" mackenzie asked johnny.

"sure." johnny got up and went to the fridge.

mackenzie saw in the corner of her eye hayden and annie laughing. "what?" mackenzie asked

"you two went from i'm too busy to babe. seriously?" annie mocked, pulling hayden's arm around her.

"i don't know ok-" mackenzie looked to make sure to johnny wasn't there yet, "it happened overnight. one day i tell him no, next day we're babe and honey."

"have you guys gone on a date?" hayden asked. kenzie shook her head no. "wow, even me and annie have dates."

"how?" kenzie was stunned, they were always busy.

"at night, we at least spend 30 minutes talking or watching a show." hayden explained.

"have you guys kissed?" annie asked, earning a no from kenzie, "wow, you guys are like bad married. with no marriage."

"hey, what are you guys talking about?" johnny asked, coming back from the kitchen and handing mackenzie her coke.

"annie and hayden are bullying me." mackenzie pouted, taking a sip of her coke.

"whatever!" they turned off the lights and focused on the tv.

mackenzie slipped on her blue dress, zipping it up from the side. she looked at herself in the mirror, straightening her dress. "babe! can you help me?" mackenzie called, waiting a couple seconds for johnny.

johnny came in, "yes?"

mackenzie pointed to her white heels beside her vanity, "can you help put those on for me? this dress does not want me to move."

johnny nodded, obeying and helping her slip into the heels. "let's go." he took her hand and they walked out together.

they walked down the stairs and into the backyard. it was decorated with dinosaurs everywhere. it was only 12 pm so no one was here yet. "hey i'm gonna go help my mom with the food." kenzie told him, then walked towards the kitchen. melissa wasn't cooking, greg was. she was making some strawberry cheesecake bites with little chocolate dinos on top.

kenzie checked to make sure everything was good, then saw hayden come from the play room with alexander.

"hi my baby! happy birthday!" she squealed, picking him up. "let's go party!"