ch. 17 ✰ may the best gender win

Everyone gets up from the chairs once we had finished our delicious lunch. Manav even contributes a tip because of the generosity of the staff and the mouth-watering food they had to offer, and I definitely emphasize on the mouth-watering food bit because goddamn this food was amazing!

But unfortunately, eating time had to end because Ayushi wanted to go back home and relax for a bit before our helicopter tour. So, as we prepared to leave the building, I decided to enjoy my beautiful surroundings while they lasted because, chances are, we weren't going to come back here for at least a long time.

We piled into the Jeep, obviously not as hungry as we were when we first arrived here. Instead, we were full of energy, chattering amongst ourselves and laughing along. I noticed Ayushi's mood has uplifted, probably because of the lunch, because she is smiling and laughing along as usual. A sense of relief floods over me as I take in Ayushi's boisterous personality. Even though she tries so hard to be sad, I just don't think it's possible for her to be because she's just too bubbly.

Once we arrived back at Ayushi's massive villa, everyone walked back inside as we soon started to relax. I went over to the kitchen to grab myself a cup of water as I suddenly felt someone's presence lurking behind me. So, I turned around with my cup of water in my hand as I saw Akash walking towards me. He had an unreadable expression marked on his face as he awkwardly shifted his hands in his pockets.

"What's up?" I ask, taking a sip.

He takes a deep breath and looks at me as if I have a banana growing from my neck. "I'm still kind of worried about Ayushi and Manav."

I sucked in a breath between my teeth. "Well, so am I."

Akash completely ignores my answer and continues to speak. "I mean, they can't be doing this right now. It's vacation!"

I nervously bite my lip. "Have you talked to Manav about it?"

"Trust me, I have," he raises his eyebrows as his blue eyes fervently studied me.

"And what does he feel about this whole situation?"

Akash thinks to himself for a little bit. "Well," he pauses, "He thinks that he had no idea Ayushi felt this way, whateverway she's feeling, and that he's willing to fix this whole situation. However, he also told me that he also has no idea what exactly is bothering her."

"Hasn't she told him multiple times what's bothering her, such as him interrupting her dozens of times and not taking her opinions respectfully?" I ask confusingly.

"Yes, she has," he exhaustively sighs. "I guess Manav misinterpreted the things she said and thought that she was overreacting."

"So, this is basically miscommunication," I interpret.

"Basically," he replies.

I take another sip from my cup of water when I suddenly see Ayushi walking towards us. "Hey guys, what's going on here?" she asks with a grin on her face, although I can't really tell whether it is fake or real at this point.

"Nothing much, we were just talking about the food we ate," I lie successfully with a broad grin on my face. Akash raises his eyebrows at me and awkwardly clears his throat. "Yes, definitely!" he smiles at her, flashing his dimples.

"Oh," Ayushi slowly nods her head. "That's cool!" she giggles.

"Well, I just came here to tell you that you guys can relax for a bit," Ayushi continues to speak, playing with her short hair. "We will be having dinner here, since the day will be too crammed up if we had dinner outside."