ch. 24 ✰ free and alive

Days had passed by the blink of an eye, and I guess that is because I was sincerely having a delightful time here in Costa Rica with my remarkable friends. Ever since the day Ayushi and Manav reconciled and Akash and I kissed, I felt like things were going to start flying by, specifically this very amazing trip.

The day after that, we had gone scuba diving. It was very terrifying at first, swimming in the clear blue water right next to different types of fishes and other oceanic creatures that honestly scared the living crap out of me; nonetheless, I have to admit—it was so much fun! First, we all trudged onto a boat that drove us over into the middle of an ocean. Since we were all able to swim—even though I was on the iffy side—we dove right into the ocean and caught sight of the most beautiful creatures on earth. The fishes were colorful and simply splendid, the way they swam around so majestically. And we caught sight of one of the sharks (thank God it wasn't a bull shark), which was a Galapagos shark. Overall, it was an incredible adventure! And the pictures we took were amazing, considering the fact that in one of the pictures Ali was freaking out because a starfish had latched onto his ankle.

The look on his face was priceless!

Then, we resorted to zip lining the day after. It was very interesting, zip lining in the high air amongst swaying trees and birds swirling around. We went to the Monteverde zip line park, which had one of the highest zip line parks in Costa Rica itself. The scenery was so breathtaking and picturesque, and I have to admit that I was gazing at the view itself for a good ten minutes. You don't normally see shit like this in New York City, so I was pretty astonished when I saw massive forests that inhabited creatures that one possibly cannot find in the States. Anyway, even though I am a major thrill seeker, zip lining that far above in the sky was sort of terrifying because dangling off of a puny little cord while you have a major mast of forest space below you... well, let's just say you need to have balls to zip line in an area like this.

Now today, which was Friday, was the day when we were going to go bungee jumping, which is even worse than zip lining. My heart hammers against my chest just thinking about it! I pace around my room, ramming my fingers into my hair as I take deep breaths in and out. It'll be alright, Reeya! It's just bungee jumping, which consists of having a single rope tied onto your back, and then you jump to your possible death into the vast oceanic space, and if that rope breaks...

I think I'm going to be sick.

Don't get me wrong, I am not afraid of heights at all! The thing I am worried about is falling to the ground while having a puny little rope to hold you. I mean, so much could go wrong!

As I start to hyperventilate, I hear a precise knock on the door. My head snaps to the door as nostalgia fills inside of me. Is Akash here to kiss me again? I mean on Tuesday, he came here to kiss you, so if this is him...

Ugh, who am I kidding? After we kissed Tuesday, he basically ignored me Wednesday and Thursday! Okay, maybe ignored is putting it maybe just a little bit too strongly... but my point is, he basically acted as if nothing had happened that night. We had conversations and flirted too, but nothing physical had occurred after that specific interaction.

My lips still tingle indistinctively, as if they yearn to be kissed again. I have to admit, his lips felt so amazing against mine. His tongue entering my mouth, his teeth biting my bottom lip, his strong arms wrapping around my body, pressing me into his torso...

Snap out of it, Advani!

A part of me knew this was going to happen, though. Akash himself is very bipolar, acting very nice, flirty, and charismatic one second, and then the other he is cold, reserved, and judgmental. I truly wonder why he acts this way. And I just want to ask him so badly why he does this, why he feels the need to have these random mood swings. And his past too... what could be so bad about it? What even happened that made him the person he is now?