ch. 29 ✰ disabled horses and douche noggins

No, no, no, no! This cannot be happening!

Panic and frustration divulge inside of me as I frantically look over at Akash, my thoughts of him seeping inside of my mind. I cannot be falling for the bipolar-and-raises-my-blood-pressure man himself! I must be out of my mind!

But another thought rings into my mind: sometimes you can't help yourself, especially when it comes to feelings... feelings are not meant to be controlled, and no matter how hard you try to control them, they always unleash like a beast, gnawing and trying to figure out who they will take over. And no matter how hard I tried to avoid Akash and his toxic ass, my heart found a way to take over my logical side, and I will incessantly despise that decision.

Before more and more thoughts can enter my mind, I hear Manav's voice ring out from the other side. "Hey guys! We've been looking all over for you!" My hazy eyes scan over the area and see all five of them are standing in front of us. Neha and Ali are the only ones who look weird, them being on separate sides of the group and making awkward eye contact. Other than that, everybody else looks normal, especially regarding the fact that Manav has his arm slung across Ayushi's petite waist.

"Well, you found us now," Akash grins.

"Great!" Ayushi beams ear to ear. "Now that we scavenged our way here, I was thinking whether all of my wonderful and sexy friends would like to party together... so, are you guys in?"

"Girl, you had me at the word party itself," Neha scoffs.

Everyone laughs, and then everybody starts to dance along to the electronic beat. The walls vibrate intensely, and once the beat drops, all seven of us jump up and down to the throbbing music. My arms flail around carelessly, my eyes closed as a bright grin grows on my lips. Everybody else doesn't seem to matter because in my eyes, it is just me and my six friends that I made on this majestic trip.

I slyly open my eyes and look over at Ayushi, who grinds against Manav, his tall and large body completely dominating her small figure. Ali awkwardly dances with Suhana and Neha, and Ali and Neha continue to exchange awkward glances while Suhana is completely unaware of the situation. I am still pretty flabbergasted on how Ali and Neha made out tonight, since that was the last thing I had expected to occur. Seeing the rejected expression plastered on Neha's face makes my heart ache for her, and I hope that maybe something will happen between them, in a good way.

My heart races as I place my eyes on Akash. His hands are balled into fists as he thrusts them in the air, his large body following afterwards as it moves gracefully along to the music. He bites his lip, his mouth formed in a stunning grin, and he shouts the lyrics along while his body continues to dance benevolently.

Also, on a side note, why am I shamelessly staring at him?

Because, I don't know if you remember this or not, Reeya, but you may or not have admitted that you also may or may not have feelings for Akash.

... Touché.

After hours and hours later of dancing our asses off, the time soon flew by as well, and it was 4 o' clock before we knew it. Half of the people left the club, but there was still a whole lot of us. The seven of us took deep breaths in and out, and we were basically drenched in sweat. The guys especially removed some of their clothes; Manav was completely shirtless and had his tie wrapped around his head while Ayushi clutched his dress shirt, Ali had his shirt wrapped around his waist like some middle-aged woman that was about to go for her daily morning jog, and Akash had his dress shirt unbuttoned, revealing his hard chest, and his coat was removed a long time ago since he flung it across the entire club during the most energetic parts of the night.