ch. 23 ✰ a rainy night

"You...!" I hiss as my eyes land on a very amused Akash. He scared the living crap out of me! "Why the hell are you by my room at 12 o' clock in the morning?" I spit out.

"Relax," Akash smirks, finding his way inside. I roll my eyes and mutter to myself, "Yeah, might as well come in, if you'd like, apparently because my opinion and comfort has been obliterated."

"What was that?" He turns around and looks at me curiously. I simply murmur, "Nothing," and then he scoffs and continues to walk inside my room.

I close my room door shut behind me, softly so no one can hear my door slamming at this time of night. Once that occurs, I let all of my anger out. "Are you out of your mind, you nincompoop?!" I snarl, poking my finger at his hard chest.

Akash lets out a snort. "Nincompoop? I know you can think of a better insult than that."

"This is not funny!" I place my hands on my hips and look at Akash heatedly while steam bursts from my ears. "I was about to take a very hot and relaxing shower before your dumbass decided to barge in here!"

"Damn, what crawled up your ass and died?" Akash barks out a laugh. "I just wanted to chill, nothing much."

My face contorts into a confused expression. "You wanted to... chill?"

"Yes."

"At 12 o' clock in the goddamn morning?!"

"...Yes."

I bury my face into my hands and let out a frustrated groan. Is he freaking kidding me right now?! Then, I calmly set my hair to the side and try to look at Akash calmly, fighting off the urge to decapitate him at this very second. "Tell me..." I state, "Why are you actually here?"

Akash lets out a deep breath as his face morphs into a serious, yet relaxed expression. "I wanted to talk to you about something," he speaks, his deep voice filling the room.

My anger starts to subside as my arms limp beside me. "You did?"

"Yeah," he breathes out.

"What about?" I ask, looking at him curiously.

Akash sits down by the end of my bed, leaning forward as his elbows prop his thighs. I notice he's wearing cotton gray shorts that seem to be accentuate a certain feature, and on the top, he wears a plain royal blue shirt that fits snugly across his long torso and muscled body. His blue eyes gleam in the semi-dark room, his lips pursued as his large hands cup his hair. "It's about Manav and Ayushi," he blurts out.

My eyebrows furrow as I take a seat in front of him on the ottoman. "Okay...?"

Akash takes a few moments to speak afterwards, I'm guessing to find his words. Then, to my surprise, he gets up from the bed and treads to the other side of the room, specifically towards the patio door. He slides the door open, the rainfall increasingly growing louder and the thunder as well. I hurriedly get up from the ottoman and shout, "What are you doing?!"

He completely disregards my statement and steps outside onto the patio. I grumble to myself as I reluctantly follow him towards the patio, where his towering body looks out towards the beach in the distance, which is the view from my room. The rain splatters onto the leaves of the palm trees, and lightning flashes in the sky, embellishing a crooked line, as thunder roars in the mere distance a few seconds later. I get confused on to why the rain isn't completely drenching us, but my question soon gets answered as I quickly take a look up and see that there is a roof attached to my room that extends and covers the top of my patio.

I start to get distracted by the magnificent view, which is mainly the beach glowing against the moonlight, but I immediately snap myself out of my trance as I realize that I need to find out why the actual hell Akash is here.