ch. 36 ✰ confessions by the beach

The car door slams shut behind me, and I adjust myself while I notice Akash sitting on the other side of the car. In less than an hour we will be entering the festival, ready to lose ourselves in the night. The sunrays fierily seep into the car, shining the entire interior with its extreme heat. I already know I'm going to be sweating my ass off over there, so that's why I prepared myself by drowning my armpits in deodorant.

My heart rams against my chest as I see, from the corner of my eye, Akash also adjusting in his seat. He plays with the buttons of his orange-colored collared shirt, the top few unbuttoned so they reveal his rigid chest and a little bit of his engraved abs, which have certain tattoos engraved on there. The shorts he has on stop in the middle of his thigh, showing his muscular legs and how they majestically shift around. His expensive watch wrapped around his wrist is intrepidly touched by him several times as he looks out the window, drowning in his thoughts. He then takes a deep breath to himself, running his fingers through his gorgeous hair and looks over to me curiously.

"Are you excited?" he asks, a grin slowly forming on his lips.

I look over at him boldly and immediately notice his brazen blue eyes, how they oh-so graciously shift over my body multiple times. My face warms up, but I inconspicuously decide to ignore his bold gaze raking my figure. "Yes, more than anything," I smile.

"That's great," he leans back, releasing a breath. "I heard there's going to be at least five thousand people there, so I'm praying to God that we at least find space to fucking stand."

"Five thousand people?" I gasp. "I already knew this festival was going to be the event of the year here, but that is just an absurd amount of people."

"Yeah," Akash lightly chuckles, his eyes fixated with mine. "I think we'll be fine though. All that matters is that we have a great time together."

"Yeah, you're right," I breathlessly reply, and Akash fondly nods his head. It takes him like several years to rip his gaze from me, and he turns to the driver, who had just now sat in the driver's seat. "Take us to Playa del Coco beach, please," Akash's voice rings out. The driver idly nods his head and sets the car forward, leaving the blue-walled motel behind.

The blue-walled motel still confuses the actual shit about me, and not just the motel itself, but the honeymoon room as well. How are me and Akash going to sleep in the same bed... and outside? And right beside the beach?

Although, I cannot possibly deny the undeniable chemistry between us. The way my hand desires to be wrapped up in his is absolutely astronomical. It's like my mind is so against us, trying to be logical and cautious about our whole thing, whatever our thing is, but on the other hand, my heart and my body wants to do everything with him, regardless of the consequences. In conclusion, the constant battle between my logical and emotional side is extremely exhausting.

I decide to tear my eyes towards the view, trying so hard to not let thoughts of Akash drown in my mind, submerged in there against my will. Propping my elbow up on the ledge of the door, I notice the palm trees lined up against the curb of the sidewalks, lightly swaying back due to the soft breeze occurring. I see people lined up by different shops, excitedly carrying food in their hands or shopping bags, or maybe even both.

The strap of my white purse falls off of my shoulder, and I grumble to myself, hurriedly pushing it back onto my shoulder. I'm probably going to leave my purse here in the car, since we had rented the car and the driver for the night, and I really don't want my purse to get snatched or stolen there at the fact, considering the fact that there are going to be a whopping five thousand people attending the music festival.

I choose to look over myself and make sure I am looking my absolute best. For today, I had decided to wear a maroon-colored two-piece jumpsuit, and not going to lie, this is probably the best and favorite outfit that I own. Something about it makes me stand out, and I looked at myself in the mirror so proudly, to be honest.