35

flashback to one month ago ;)

i walked up onto his porch, knocking on the door before stuffing my hands into the pockets of my sweatpants. i was nervous due to the fact i really had no idea how he would react since i didn't tell him i was coming.

"co-ava?" robert said as he slowly opened the door, revealing his entire body.

"can we talk?" i asked in a soft tone, but it was apparent my voice was shaky. i practically haven't talked to this kid in a month and i just want my friend back.

"y-yeah, come in." he said, moving so that i could slip past him as he shut the door.

i stood there awkwardly before he walked towards his living room sitting down on one of the couches as i trailed behind doing the same.

"look um-" i tried to start but i couldn't really get my words together so i sat there for a moment, "i didn't mean to lead you on if i did, i genuinely did not know you liked me until that night you told me."

"i know you didn't ava, it just hurt feeling like i wasn't enough but my friends were you know? always being in their shadows." he said looking down at the floor.

"robert don't feel like that, anyone would be lucky to have you." i said as he looked back up at me giving me a small smile, "you're an amazing guy, you know that? you're sweet and genuine and i'm sorry i can't picture us as something more." i sighed out.

"it's okay, i thought about it more after that and i think maybe i was just caught up in those feelings because i was receiving attention from someone that actually was listening to what i was saying, you know?" he said, a small laugh escaping his lips. "if it's all good with, i would like to remain friends with you."

"yeah, good because i would've been upset if you didn't want to be friends." i giggled making a smile pop up on his face as he stood up.

i gave him a weird look as he made grabby hands, "give me a hug stupid." he joked as i rolled my eyes but smiled and stood up wrapping my arms around his torso as he wrapped his around my shoulders due to the height difference.

we stayed in that position for a while before parting away, still being rather close to each other. robert was looking down at me his eyes showing clear signs of lust as they flickered between my eyes and lips, mine doing the same. this was so wrong but i could stop myself as he started leaning in. our lips connected and i hesitantly kiss back, his hands moving down to my waist pulling me closer to him.

we soon pulled away after we both realized what we were doing, both becoming flustered.

"i-i'm sorry i shouldn't have done that, i don't know what came ove-" robert said with slight panic in his voice before i cut him off.

"robert, chill it's okay." i said in a reassuring tone, "let's just not bring that up, agreed?"

"agreed." he said smiling at me, and for some reason it wasn't as awkward as i expected it to be.

"you wanna drive around or something? if you don't got plans." i suggested.

"yes, we should go pick up kairi." he said, making me smile.

"yeah, but keep your big mouth shut." i joked as i walked towards his front door opening it.

"yeah yeah." he said as he put his hands up in defense making me laugh.

we exited his house and got into my car, driving towards kairi's as robert gave me directions after he confirmed kairi could hang out.

even after that, it wasn't awkward in the slightest. if anything i think that it made us closer as friends.

madds talk 🍒
well here's the robert chapter 🥳
i was reading a book last night and they didn't proof read so it said 'rober georges' and it haunts my mind. it was funny to read at 5am.

also i laughed at this so you should too lmao