T H I R T Y

"Did you see what Madison tweeted?" Micah asked, barging into my bedroom causing Jaden and I to pull away from each other quickly. "Oh... Sorry."

    I laughed, getting off the bed and walking over to her. "What's up?"

    She showed me her phone which had Madison's Twitter opened up on her screen. She had just tweeted out something that said: "cheating on someone you promised to never hurt isn't the move".

    I grabbed Micah's phone from her hands and went to show Jaden who's face immediately fell as soon as he saw it.

    Pulling out his own phone, he opened u[p Twitter and began reading through some of the replies. I sat next to him and read with him, the majority assuming correctly that it was directed to Jaden. Some supporters said to wait for his response and to not be so quick to assume the whole story while most of the responses were people bashing him, some even bashing me as they had made the connection that I was the one Jaden had cheated on Mads with.

    This wasn't good, not at all. I had respected her for not saying anything and not trying to ruin his or my reputation. I couldn't be mad that she wanted to expose us, we probably did hurt her, but I wish she would have spoken to us directly instead of publicly shading the two of us.

    "What are we going to do?" I looked at Jaden who was still looking through all of the Tweets. When he didn't reply, I took his phone with one hand and used the other to grab his chin and turn him to look at me. "Jaden, answer me."

    He shrugged. "I don't know, B. Everyone probably hates me right now."

    Micah had left the room by now, taking her phone from my hands when we were reading through all the drama. She knew we needed a moment alone.

    "Are you going to make a response."

    "I mean, I kind of have to. I can get my side of the story out there, though it probably won't make me seem like any better of a person as I did truthfully cheat on her."

    I gave him a gentle smile, "It's worth a shot, just think it over and come up with what it is you want to say, people can't stay mad at you forever."

    "But they can, you know they will."

    "It shouldn't matter, Jaden, the true supporters will still be by your side and always stick with you, no matter what." I gave him a quick side hug before standing back up and walking to the door, turning to say one last thing. "Besides, you have us, we're your true supporters. Now, I'm going to see why Micah was even here without saying anything to be beforehand, if you need me I'll be around here somewhere."

    He nodded and laid back on our bed. Sighing, I walked down the steps to find Micah and Bryce on the couch.

    Typically, I wouldn't think anything of this as Micah, being my best friend, is over all the time and has grown a bond with each of the boys - Bryce more than anything.

    But, this time she was practically sitting in his lap. Her back was pressed against his chest and they both watched the giant television in front of them, concentrating hard and not paying a bit of attention to their surroundings.

    Since Bryce and Addison's breakup a week or two ago, he has been sneaking out of the house recently and sneaking someone in. I just thought it was some rebound girl but as it turns out it was my best friend who I hoped was not just a 'some rebound girl' in his eyes.

    To get their attention I cleared my throat, watching as they basically jumped apart and looked at their phone screens as if they weren't doing anything. They knew they were caught, though, and Micah just gave me a small wave with a smile on her face that could be read as 'whoops'.

    "So, what's going on?" I smirked, plopping myself in between the pair.

    I wasn't mad at the situation. I knew Micah has had eyes on Bryce ever since her breakup with her ex a few months ago. He had always told me that he found her cute, and I just hope whatever was going on with the two of them didn't end up with either of them hurt as they are both really good friends of mine.

    "I can explain." Micah quickly said, looking at Bryce to help her out in which he just shook his head, basically saying it was all up to her to explain.

    I laughed. "Don't, there is no need to. Whatever is going on with you guys is your business, just don't hurt each other because there is no way I'm picking sides." I leaned towards Micah to whisper in her ear, "By the way, if I had to, I would obviously be on yours."

    "Really?" Bryce crinkled his eyebrows as if he didn't believe me. "That's so cool of you."

    "What can I say, I'm a pretty cool person."

    "Yeah, don't refer to yourself like that again." He chuckled, resulting in Micah and I laughing along with him.

    It was moments like these that I enjoyed. Moments where everything wrong with our lives disappeared and I could just enjoy my time with my friends.

    Too bad I knew I was going to have to help Jaden deal with the now present Madison problem.

~\*!.["}^

an
sorry for the really short chapter. i kinda feel bad abt giving you this mess after not updating for a few days lol.
i decided there will only be five chapters after this. a basic timeline is dealing with the now mads issue, beahs birthday, the birth of jaden and hers child, and then the last episode which is just an instagram post but like i put a lot of comments under it so😂
so it looks like bryce and micah are probably soemthing. i originally was going to have micah end up with brayden because like "my best friends brother is the one for me" but decided not to. if i wrote that in anywhere in previous chapters then forget abt it lol cus i completely forget what i write something so the plot overlaps but it's okie.
i promise the next chapter will be better so don't worry

oh also a late thank you for 50k+ reads🥺❤️