T H I R T Y - F I V E

Pulling up to the large mansion, I immediately took notice to almost everyone I know standing in the driveway. I looked over to see Jaden with an annoyed expression on his face, obviously not very happy that they were waiting for us and we wouldn't just be able to go inside and sleep.

We spent almost two weeks in the Texas hospital. But once Asher - we agreed together on this name a few days after he was born because it means blessed or happy, we felt it was perfect - was perfectly recovered, we just wanted to go home. Home as in LA.

I had called my mom a few days after giving birth. She was ecstatic, happier than I think I have ever heard her. In the midst of that, she even told me that she and Ronald were filing for a divorce which made me almost as happy as she.

I called Bianca next. I didn't think it was possible, but she was more excited than my mom. She even offered to fly out to Texas to be there with me but I declined, even though I secretly wanted to say yes because I just needed some part of family there with me.

Brayden was shocked. The whole other end of the phone was silent for what felt like twenty minutes, but when he came back in he was screaming. He was so thrilled to finally be an uncle and even he wanted to come to Texas.

Micah didn't answer her phone the first ten times I called her. But when she did, she was annoyed at the fact that I had tried to get ahold of her so many times but was quick to apologize and scream in joy when she found out why. She was even louder when I asked her to be Asher's godmother.

Jaden had asked Anthony over the phone to be his godfather. This obviously struck argument among all the boys in the Sway House, and Kio blew up my phone trying to convince me to tell Jaden to let him be it. He even went so far as to threaten to fight Anthony over it, since they were the only two in LA and no one could stop this.

Of course he was joking, at least I hope.

We decided to rent one of those cars that we could just drop off at the rental place in LA that was the same in Texas. We wanted to drive, not take Asher on a plane. Besides, I always enjoyed road trips, and this was at least a day-long trip. A screaming baby didn't help much, but I was with my family.

As soon as we had gotten out of the car, everyone came running towards us. They crowded around me as I grabbed Asher from the back seat where I was also sitting next to him.

"I call holding him first!" Kio yelled, causing everyone's mouth to close as they were about to say the exact same thing.

Bryce, being the mature adult he is, decided he couldn't hold his mouth shut any longer and decided to blurt out the question that was bugging him the most. "So you're telling me that you shot a whole living being out of your vagina? That's crazy, man." And just when I thought his stupidity was over, he turned to Jaden, "Did you watch? How was it?"

Jaden laughed, pushing his shoulder before shaking his head. "You're a dumbass, bro."

"You didn't answer the questions."

"I am not going to answer the questions."

"Fine."

"Fine."

I pulled the car seat out that was carrying Asher while Jaden and Bryce went to get our things from the trunk of the car. Micah joined them, Bryce immediately wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

About a week ago, Bryce had officially asked Micah on a date. Of course, I wasn't too happy with that because not even a week before that Bryce was hanging out with more than a dozen girls, but I threw a few threats at him over the phone and warned him that if he broke her I would break him. I think I got my point across very kindly.

Kio came up to me and wrapped his arms around my small, yet still a bit chubby, build. "I missed you, B."

"I missed you too!"

"Now give me the baby."

"Oh..." I said, surprised but unbuckling Asher anyways and handing him carefully to Kio.

We hadn't even gotten inside yet, so I was nervous about someone dropping him on the concrete.

I looked over Kio's shoulder to see my mom, Bianca, and Brayden all walking towards me, bright smiles on their face.

"Now, now, Kio," My older brother began, putting one of his hands on his shoulder while the other caressed Ashers - who was slowly falling asleep- face. "As the favorite uncle-"

"Only uncle." I corrected.

"-Favorite uncle." He gave me a glare causing Bianca and I to laugh. "I believe I deserve to hold my nephew. Now, give me the baby."

I looked at my mom with a pleading look and as an answer, she just shook her head, walking over to me and pulling me into a hug. "I'm so proud of you."

"For what?" I asked. Jaden appeared next to me, pulling me in closer by the waist. I looked over to where Brayden was standing and found him gone. I quickly looked around to see him walking inside, being followed by Kio, Olivia, Bryce, Micah, Griffin, and Nessa.

"You're so incredibly strong. Stronger than I would have ever been." She looked at Jaden and gave him a smile. "You too. I expect you to take good care of my daughter."

"I will."

"Good." She gave me one last hug, and surprisingly, gave Jaden one too before walking off and following after Brayden.

Everyone else had gone inside by now, probably to play with Asher who I'm sure was no longer asleep, which just left Jaden and I outside.

"Life's crazy." I laughed.

"Yeah," He agreed, "But we can get through it. I know I can, especially because I have you."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

~\*!.["}^

an
so uhm... this is the last written chapter ahah...
i'll post the next and FINAL chapter in ten or so minutes.
wow, i can't believe it's really almost over haha
i'm literally forcing myself to publish this because i really don't want it to be over with
this is sad
okay see you in the last chapter🥺