Chapter 9: A Package Deal (Year 2)

The next day during breakfast you notice the familiar red-headed second year boy enter the Great Hall with Harry Potter next to him. You let out a relieved sigh causing your Slytherin friends to give you some odd looks, but you don't bother to try and explain the sudden relief. Draco was still skeptical of Parkinson's presence but apparently not Blaise, you assumed that Blaise had given an explanation to Draco already. 

"Y/N, be careful with Parkinson, I don't trust her yet." Draco whispered to you while taking glances at the girl eating her breakfast.

"I will, but I think she means what she said, I mean... Haven't you noticed how pleasant she's been?" I said in a whisper back at the boy eyeing the girl as well. "Anyways, what's with Blaise? Why is he suddenly hanging out with us?" 

"Him and his friend had a falling out last year and we talked a bit on the train before you showed up. So, he's fine. But don't forget how Parkinson treated you last year, don't let your guard down around her." Draco warned you, meeting his gaze that was now turned to you, you nodded reassuringly. As you were about to focus your attention back on your breakfast there was a roar that caused the Great Hall to rumble.

"-STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THOUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE- LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD HAVE DIED-"

You tried to hold back your laughter but you couldn't, it was just too funny of a sight, Ron turning bright red and sinking lower and lower into his seat. Your other Slytherin friends were laughing too, holding their hands over their mouths to contain their screams of laughter. 

"-ABOSOLUTELY DISGUSTED- YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME." 

After you were able to stop laughing you realized it answered all of your questions from the night before. They had stolen Ron's father's car, but why? You figured you could ask them more about it eventually as well as asking Harry what his problem was this summer, not writing you back and all.

After breakfast the six you you made your way to Defense Against the Dark Arts, all of you cracking jokes about what had happened in the Great Hall with Ron. You all enter the class room, you sat next to Draco as you always did, not noticing or really caring who everyone else sat with. Gilderoy Lockhart, who was now Professor Lockhart to you stood at the front of the class waiting for everyone to take their seats. The man began to talk and honestly, you couldn't care less about what he was saying so you sat next to Draco full of boredom. Out of nowhere a piece of parchment was slid in front of you, and Draco quietly tapped on it with a smug look upon his face. You looked down at the parchment and it seemed as though Draco had scribbled a not too flattering drawing of Lockhart on it. You quietly giggled before adding a mustache and a small quotation bubble that read, 'I'm a git'. You slide the parchment back over to Draco who let's out a couple snickers. Just then you were handed a test and you glanced over all the questions confused on why he had been giving out tests on the first day.

1. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite colour?
2. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's secret ambition?
3. What, in your opinion, is Gilderoy Lockhart's greatest achievement to date? 

You scoffed at the miserable questions he had set in front of you, he was such a narcissist and it really annoyed you. He probably hadn't even done the things he wrote about in his books, probably just made them all up. You shared an annoyed look with Draco who seemed just as displeased with what was in front of him as you were.